Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hey howdy hey

Not much is new here, but I felt compelled to post anyways. True to my word, I have begun the job search. I have a couple of hopeful prospects, so I'd appreciate any prayers you can offer regarding a couple of collegiate-level counseling positions I'm trying for. One is even at a Christian university, which would be excellent!!!

I've had a bit of a stressful week with my clients. Just some concerns about discipline at home. Reporting clients to CSB is my least favorite part of my job. I know I have to and of course don't want to see kids abused; reporting families is just difficult because the families obviously don't appreciate my involving Children's Services. It often breeds hostility and the therapeutic relationship I work hard to build with clients and their families takes a big hit. But that's the price people pay for making bad decisions regarding how they interact with their children.

I'm ready for the weekend as a result. I need to do some cleaning, and that will likely take place Saturday afternoon. I'm awaiting the arrival of my lovely new Canon S5 IS camera - I can't wait to start snapping shots with that and posting them here.

And for those of you counting down - it's officially 44 days until we leave for Disney World! Woo hoo!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

OH, you just HAD to go and mention a vacation to WDW, did you?? I have a feeling we'll be banking points again this year. Dunno when we'll get to go again, but we are talking about trying to plan a Disney cruise for 2010 (Em's graduation). We'll have to get our reservations in pretty soon if we want a Cat 2 or 1, though!

Good luck with the job search! I'll talk to my good friend in charge of the world for you.