Monday, September 20, 2010

Sneak Attack


Life has proven busy with this second job. I have a few evenings free a week, but I find I spend those relaxing rather than blogging. I figured it was time to sneak back to the Internet, post an update, and sneak back out!
  • Jaimi and Emma came for a visit this weekend - so wonderful! I really enjoyed having them here. I made chicken salad - a first for me, and it was delish! We also stayed up until 2:00 AM talking, which was a wonderful treat! We even got dressed and did hair/make-up so we could take an updated picture of ourselves!
  • We fly to Branson, Missouri this Wednesday for the National Christian Counseling Conference. We're looking forward to this wonderful time of learning new tricks of the trade, updating old ones, reflecting on how we can better show Christ in our jobs, and laughing together!
  • My job with Smarthinking continues to go well. I'm so grateful for the job!
  • Mom and Hannah drove down yesterday (Sunday) to get Oliver, and the on the way here, her TIRE FELL OFF! Yup, you read that right. Turns out the place that replaced her tires didn't tighten the lug nuts, so the tire just came right off. It was very scary for her, of course. The tire hit another car, doing some minor damage to it. The trooper, the other driver, the few people that stopped to help Mom... all were so nice! God was gracious in keeping her safe. Oh, and Hannah was with her, so that's an extra blessing. We're so glad she had this accident 5 miles from Cedarville rather than on the freeway. We got her jeep towed to Cedarville, and they are fixing it now. The place that worked on the car and caused this issue gave her a rental for free, which was generous. The insurance should be paying for everything between their coverage and getting the repair place to help cover some of the costs.
  • We replaced the toilet in my bathroom, which left a spot where the old tile is exposed on the floor. In the next month, we'll be replacing the bathroom tile, so that should be a fun interesting experience!
  • The leaves are starting to turn, and I'm ready for fall!
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! Hopefully I'll have something interesting to say again soon! :)

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

That is SO scary about your Mom's tire falling off. Thank God for his provision of safety!!!! That picture of you and Jaimi turned out so great! Hope the retiling goes well in the bathroom.

Jaimi said...

So glad your mom and Hannah were ok! I hope they get the car fixed and that she doesn't have to pay for it... and that you like your new bathroom tile!

Mom said...

I like the comment, "that should be fun" when talking about the tile. I'm not sure who is going to have fun...... Love the picture of you and Jaimi! Did Emma take the picture???