Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sigh... another long-overdue post

Well, folks, it looks like I'm going to be one of those bloggers. You know the kind - the ones that only post about once a month! That wasn't my original intention, but I'm doing this novel new thing where I try not to beat myself up for everything I think I "should" do, so I'm not going to kick myself for it.

When last I left you, I told you I was looking at a 2004 Nissan Altima. Turns out I bought it! It's great - it's graphite (which is a darker gray) and is fully loaded. It has 66,000 miles, heated leather seats, a 6 CD changer, power everything, cruise control, etc. A neat thing I'd never seen before is in the windows. They are power, and some cars have the automatic power window, so if you hit the button it rolls down by itself. Apparently in my new car, I can hit it once and it goes all the way up, too! Fun fun!

Hannah went trick-or-treating over the weekend for the first time. She was Eeyore and was very cute! She's saying please and thank-you, night-night, bye bye, up, bounce, Mickey, book, etc. It's fun to see her learning so much! She also loves to shake hands; she's a true Baptist and has grown to love the fellowship hand-shaking time at church so much that it carries over to everywhere else!

My job is going pretty good. I had a stressful week about a week ago but aside from that, things are good. I'm looking forward to some time off around Thanksgiving and Christmas to get me recharged.

Interesting news: all three of my closest friends are pregnant. And so is my boss, one of my coworkers, and an aquaintance at church! I don't drink our water here at home as it never passed the health department tests, so I wonder if I'd be pregnant too since it seems to be in the water! ;)

Recently I've been struggling with being supremely hard on myself, but my friends have been great about encouraging me. It's interesting; several people have told me I give the best parenting and marital advice, and these are the things I don't have any personal experience with. I love being that person that people can talk to and trust, but it's kind of ironic that, up to this point, God has allowed me just to give advice for others about the things I want too.

Please understand: I am absolutely 100% okay with it if I never get married or have kids. I trust God completely in this area of my life (which is great; I didn't used to be able to say that). I do still want it and know God knows that; I just also share a simultaneous confidence that His ways are higher than mine and thus, if singlehood is best for me, then I want that because I want God's best!

I also found out I have a condition called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Click the link to learn more. In short, my insulin level is too high and impacts my menstrual cycle. I need to change my diet, exercise, and take glucophage, which is a medication to help manage the insulin. It's been a whirlwind month around here!

I can't think of anything else major to report, but I'll try to post more often to keep everyone udpated.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good to hear from you! I am suffering from the same lack of blog posting, so I certainly won't beat you up for it.

Glad your POS has been diagnosed and you are able to do something to help it.