In a sad happening yesterday, the #1-ranked OSU Buckeyes LOST to UNRANKED Illinois. It was an extremely frustrating sight to behold. Where were the long balls that Boeckman lobs down the field with such ease? Where was our defensive line? So now they've fallen to who-knows-where in the BCS standings. The biggest game of the season is this weekend - OSU vs. Michigan - and it's at Michigan. I hope God in His sovereignty allows a Buckeye win!
Interestingly enough, the coach of the Fighting Illini, Ron Zook, graduated from Loudonville a few years after my mom with one of her sisters. I wish I could say it was comforting to lose to someone from our neck of the woods, but it just doesn't help!
Remember how I said my three closest friends are pregnant? Well, I forgot to ask for prayers for those pregnancies. Two of them will be first-time moms, and the other friend has to give herself shots daily because of a protein defiency that could lead to health issues without the shots. So please pray for healthy, full term babies for Jill, Julie, and Jaimi. Yes, I've noticed that all my friends have J names - that's how I like it. ;)
I spent yesterday with my cousin, her husband, and their kids watching the Buckeyes game and, of course, doing a bit of Disney planning for our joint vacation to the World next October. She showed me this video from GodTube, and it's really amazing. We both got tears in our eyes. It's such a beautiful picture of what God does for us and what we face in this world, as well as how hard we have to fight to stay close to Him. It's about 5 minutes long, but WELL WORTH your viewing...
And in case you're like me and like to see the lyrics for songs (because those can be moving with or without the music), here's the lyrics. The song is "Everything" by Lifehouse:
Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
Cause you're all I want, You're all I need
You're everything,everything
You're all I want your all I need
You're everything, everything.
You're all I want you're all I need.
You're everything, everything
You're all I want you're all I need, you're everything, everything.
And How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, *I* don't have a J name! (Of course, I'm not pregnant, either... thank the Lord!)
Post a Comment