Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's December already?!

Well, so much for my plans to update this blog regularly. Oh well - all my secret readers out there have been able to enjoy the build up, I guess! I've had friends and family all tell me they read my blog, which is nice because sometimes I wonder if anyone does. Never fear the "comment" button!

Thanksgiving is over and the house is decorated! Yes, friends, the house is all Christmas-afied, and I love it. I tried taking pictures with my Treo and then sending them to my email address, but so far that hasn't worked. We'll see if I can work that out. I'm proud of how the house looks! In large part, the decorations that are up are due to an early morning shopping spree that Mom and I made to Mansfield on "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving to you sleepy-heads). Yes, we were at Kohl's at 4:20 in the morning. We had our goodies in hand and queued up at 5:30. We were standing at the cashier at 6:35 or so. Whew! But we had a great time. We also went to Toys-R-Us (which I was really displeased with because they didn't seem to be having sales that day), Michael's (got a GORGEOUS 3' round wreath with silver bows and flowers that lights up for our foyer window), Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Bob Evans. I then drove up to Medina to see my dear friend Jill that was in town from Nebraska.

I threw her a baby shower on Saturday, which was a lot of fun. She is due in January, which is so strange; it's hard to believe the girl I met after FCA one night in college when we were juniors is going to be a mother. Wow, how time flies. She'll be a super mom, though, so it will be an exciting time. Jill's friend Kathy (and mine too, now, thanks to Jill) took this picture at the shower, which was lovely of her to do because I haven't had any pictures of she and I since I was the maid of honor in her wedding 3 years ago. With her living in Nebraska and me in Ohio, all those stalks of corn in between make it hard for us to see each other often. We talk regularly on the phone, but it doesn't make up for face-to-face time. Aren't we some good looking ladies? :) By the way, that's my house that we're in, so I guess you do get a glimpse of one of our trees in the background (we have another one upstairs in the family room). But we still haven't given our cousin Gregg and his family a good run for their money yet - they have NINE trees in their house!

I really enjoyed my time off over the Thanksgiving weekend. I got Hannah's birthday/Christmas present purchased, which is this Step Two play kitchen (I'm hoping the children pictured aren't in the box as I haven't opened it yet and I'd imagine they'd be starving if they were). I'm hoping it's a hit. It's new for us (my parents, sister and I) to have someone in the immediate family that has a birthday so close to Christmas. For that reason (and because community mental health doesn't pay the best), the kitchen is Hannah's birthday and Christmas gift. I think she'll like it, but I haven't decided when to give it to her. My goal is to have it put together and then unveil it to her. Our study is just off the main living room and the door is always shut, so we could easily just have it put together inside the study and then take her in there Christmas morning. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

There are lots of days where I feel like we don't do a great job of taking pictures of Hannah for posterity's sake. I always wished there were more pictures of me when I was wee little, so I hope we start getting better about that soon. We take plenty of pictures on vacation, but I want Hannah to have an idea about what she was like as a child when she's an adult. Guess I can add that to my New Year's Resolution list. Is it bad that I'm already starting on the list? Yikes!

No comments: