Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wonderful weekend

My cousin Karen and her daughter Grace come to visit this weekend. We had a fabulous time! We started off with a Bob Evans breakfast (as all good days should start) and then went to the outlet mall in Lodi. Then we went on to Strongsville to shop at the mall there. We made a significant dent in our Christmas shopping (I actually finished mine). I saw two of my old bosses yesterday, and both were pleased to see me. That's reassuring! We shopped for several hours and then went to Macaroni Grill for dinner. Karen bought our meals, showing her typical level of generosity. We came home and put together Hannah's gift from me, the kitchen I showed a few weeks ago.

Today we woke up, I made pancakes, we played Disney Scene-It (I won ;)), and had Hannah's party at lunchtime. Hannah loved all of her gifts, and the kitchen was a hit. So was the Wal-Mart toy grocery cart that my best friend and her husband got her. Karen and Grace left around 2, and Miss, Hannah, and I rested. It was a really relaxing afternoon and a great weekend. I'll post pictures as soon as we get them uploaded off my mom's camera.

And for the record, two years ago today Mom, Miss and I were driving down to Karen's on a Friday night for our annual shopping weekend when Miss got a call from her adoption agency. Nancy Brown said that Missy was being referred a six-day-old baby girl born in the Coban region of Guatemala that the agency thought might we might be the family for. It was a good day. :)

No comments: