Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's Almost Vacation Time!

We leave for vacation in T-5 days - I'm ready to go! We are driving straight through and should arrive in Orlando about 3:30 AM. We'll take a rest in the room and then head off to the parks - we can sleep at home, right?

Work is going well. I've got some job opportunities I'm looking into. We'll see what happens. I like my job but want to explore my options.

I haven't devoted much time to learning about my camera, which will be a necessity as I can't seem to take many pictures that aren't blurry. Luckily, the Short Courses book I bought says I can learn how to use it in a weekend - which is pretty much what I've got! Wish me luck!

Miss flies to Seattle this afternoon for a business trip. She'll be gone until Thursday night (and yes, you did read correctly that about 16 hours later we're heading out to drive to Florida). That means I'm on full time Tia duty, which will make getting up and getting out the door on time crucial this next week.

I feel like I've been making progress with my clients, which is a great feeling. Had some really great sessions yesterday, and that was a nice way to move into the weekend.

Say a prayer that Missy's van gets done by Friday. She was in a hit-and-run accident about a month ago. I realize now that I never posted about that. About a month ago, Missy was the lucky winner of a hit-and-skip accident when a woman plowed into her driver's side middle door (she has a Town & Country van). Thankfully, a woman in the car behind my sister got the lady's plate - 5 of the 6 digits - so the police were able to take a statement. Also (thank God) Hannah wasn't injured, and neither was my sister. This woman hit her at about 40 miles an hour - she had her blinker on to make a right-hand turn but given the speed she was traveling, Missy waited to turn until after she passed. Unfortunately, the lady turned at the last minute and thus plowed into her (would have broken Missy's leg if she'd hit further up).

The police did track her down. She said she pulled over down the street and waited for my sister to come get her information. She also said she waited for a while and then left. Oh, and the reason she didn't report it was that she was really shaken up. The police officer explained that, um, yeah, that's not how it works. He also explained that she's a known drug-user in the area, so she's well-known in the legal system. As a side-note, does it scare anyone else that there are apparently high/drunk people driving around us all the time? It always makes me stop and thank God that He protects us so often and we don't even know it.

All that to say - after much run-around (I'll spare you the details), the van is in the shop and *should* be done on Friday. Considering that's our transportation, we sort of need it in time, you know?

Guess that's it for now. Who knows when I'll update this again, since it's been about a month again between posts.

No comments: