I haven't posted in ions. Many apologies. Here's a bullet list of what's been going on in my world:
- We went to Disney March 22-28. We had a blast!!! We are now keeping our eyes fixed on our trip October 1-7 of this year.
- Mom is joining us on this trip!!! And Aunt Deb is 95% sure she'll be there as well. That's awesome!!!
- I have resumes out to 4 potential new employers, and interviews should start in the next couple of weeks.
- Along with job searching, one job will require that I take 4 classes and do an internship. It's a job as a school counselor though, and the school day will serve as my internship hours. The school is one that I serve as a school-based counselor now, so they know me and principal actually encouraged me to apply. But since I don't have a school counselor's license, I'd need the schooling to get that license. The district can hire me under a temporary provisional license under Ohio law while I'm in classes, so I have applied to Malone College, a Christian university about an hour from my house, to get those courses. I am excited about three of the four places I've applied, including two which are for counselors at colleges, one of which is a Christian university. So many options! I'll keep you posted.
- Hannah is growing and making 2 and 3 word sentences. That's very fun!
- Mom is getting at least a half shoulder replacement. After nearly two years of pain and limited mobility after the fall she took in Hilton Head when she broke both shoulders, she's just never been the same. I went with her to her orthopedic surgeon and he agreed that the replacement is the best option at this point. Her ball and socket are pretty much locked into place at this point, and physical therapy has done all it can with the equipment God installed in her 57 years ago. Time for an upgrade, I guess! Her surgery will be June 11. If the doctor gets in there and finds the surface of the socket is bad as well, he'll do a full replacement. The point is pain relief, not to restore range of motion (which in my opinion is strictly icing on the cake - I just want her to be out of pain). I'm pleased with this decision.
- MAJOR NEWS - I bought a MacBook Pro!!! My Dell laptop died last wee
k - along with all my documents and pictures since I hadn't had anything backed up. Word of advice - when they say "back up", I have learned you can do this to a flash drive or to an external hard drive. I hadn't done either. I plan to buy an external hard drive as soon as I begin recreating all my documents. Unfortunately, my trusty computer place that I take my laptop to couldn't heal it. They couldn't retrieve my documents, but fortunately I had uploaded my pics from this past trip to PhotoBucket, so now I need to buy a CD so I can add them back to the hard drive of my new MacBook Pro. I opted to be converted to a Mac with the advice of many friends. I. LOVE. IT. It's very cool - so many new features. It's definitely going to be a learning curve, but I can handle that. This picture is of me and my pastor, Ben (who is as crazy and awesome as he seems in the picture) taken with the -ahem- built in webcam that came in the MacBook. Incredibly cool. We also took some videos, tried to write some music with Garage Bands, and made a calendar. We had fun playing around.
I think that's it for now. Whew! I'll try to stay more up-to-date. I'm working on a photo book with a coupon I got from Amazon for buying my camera through them, and I have to use that by April 30 I'm also trying to do a trip report on the Dis Boards, so I've got a lot on my plate. Not to mention that we want to paint the downstairs bathroom, we need to start doing yard work again, and I have a job!
Anyone want to come be my personal slave?
1 comment:
I'm afraid I already have too many masters to add one more to the mix. :) Congratulations again on the laptop. You will LOVE it.
Post a Comment