Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's Almost Here!

We are so excited for the release of The Happening, M. Night Shymalan's latest flick and first foray into R-rated territory. Okay, so we're not thrilled about THAT part, but we are M. Night lovers in this household - including the films generally ill-favored by the public (The Village and Lady in the Water. Not surprisingly, Plugged In didn't care for the film. I  have nothing against this web site; in fact, I actually use it often. I like getting a heads-up on the amount of sexual or language content I'll be exposed to during a movie. Plugged In's opinions of movies tend to be über conservative; they label bodily functions as "other negative content". I guess it's not too shocking; they are a part of the Focus on the Family collection of services. Anyways, I hope we enjoy it and don't experience the kind of "kick-you-in-your-teeth-spit-in-your-face-and-call-yo-momma-names-while-you're-down" manner of horror as we experienced when we saw The Fog several months ago.

On Saturday, Hannah has her first recital for her toddler gymnastics class through Adonai Fine Arts Center. I was a bit miffed by the way the photographer's assistant treated her on Tuesday night when they were getting pictures, so I called the photographer and complained and felt much better. :) The photographer acknowledged and apologized for her MIL-s brusqueness, which was validating for me. Anyways, the recital is Saturday at 3:30, so I will hopefully have some pictures to upload after the show.

Mom's shoulder replacement surgery went well yesterday. Her left shoulder was replaced; her surgeon reported that the ball was completely disintegrated and therefore worthy of the replacement. She got out of the hospital about 2 hours ago and is at home recuperating. My friend Mary (my pastor's wife) has graciously stepped in to watch Hannah today and tomorrow since her regular babysitter, Julie, is off for the summer with the recent birth of her second daughter and of course Mom's surgery which left her disabled for a few days. Thankfully she's a righty, so she is able to do a lot on her own. Even MORE thankfully, this time Mom only has ONE bum shoulder as opposed to when both were out of commission two years ago when she broke them both. She starts physical therapy next week. Hopefully she recovers well. The primary objective of surgery was to eliminate her pain and secondarily to restore her range of motion. The doc says that will be improved and the pain should be gone. Hallelujah! 

Oh - you've probably noticed a theme change. While I am still very into the latest rage of turquoise, sage, brown, and pink color combinations, I found it hard on the eyes. I made a change and like the new look. Hope you do, too!

Guess that's it for tonight. Hope all is well for everyone!

No comments: