Saturday, April 25, 2009

Visitations and Excitations

My best friend, Jaimi, traveled to visit me last night and this morning. She brought her daughter, Emma, who is 9 months old, with her for the trip. This was the first time she's had a chance to make the trip, and it was such fun! My coworker/friend Laura came over to meet her, and we had a great night of fellowship and girl talk (and, as such, the details cannot be divulged). This morning, we went to Cedarville, where I gave Jaimi and Emma the usual tour - my office area, the student center, the chapel, and pointed out various buildings. We drove through Cedarville, and the whole morning was really pleasant. It's 79 degrees, blue skies, a good breeze, and the flowers are in bloom! This was the first time we had a sleepover since Christmas of 2002, when her husband had to work Christmas morning. Suffice it to say, it was fun to have a sleepover again! We did a lot of laughing, fellowshiping, and considering what the Lord asks of us as women and just as human beings. What a blessing! She took a picture, so I'll have to have her send that to me to post on the blog. Oh, and Emma was a ton of fun as well! She loved Oliver, and he did pretty well with her, too! 

Oh, and the excitations? Well, I have literally 5 DAYS LEFT OF WORK for this year! And in 7 SHORT DAYS, we will be packed up and on our way to sunny (and probably slightly humid, though hopefully not too much) Florida for two weeks at Disney! I am so excited! I've never had a job as a grown-up where I had summers off (and honestly didn't expect to, given I did not pursue a career in education). This job, I will say again, is a HUGE blessing from God! It's one of those things in life that has proven that's God's ways are higher than mine (Isaiah 55) - it is immeasurably more than I could ask or imagine (Ephesians 3). And that's just how God rolls. :) 

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Wow, I can't believe your first school year there is almost through. Incredible how quickly the time has gone! Disney sounds like a lot of fun! Hopefully I will see you sometime this summer. It seems like everytime you're able to make it up to Heritage we're gone for one reason or another. Anyways, enjoy the weather!

Ruthie

Mom said...

Jen, What a blessing to have Jaimi visit, especially this weekend. I pray that your week goes well and your school year ends on a good note! I love you and am so proud of you!
Mom