Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring is springing!

For the second consecutive day in a row, I have my sliding glass door open, listening to the chirping birds, seeing the light breeze rustle the leaves on the trees, enjoying the blue sky above, and delighting in the warmth of the day. Here's the sight I am greeted by when I turn into the driveway for my apartment complex. Isn't it pretty? Thank you, Lord, for spring! 


Easter was good. I got to see several friends, we had an Easter Egg hunt in the yard for Hannah, at which she does significantly better than the ones where masses of children dash here and there to find eggs. She gets overwhelmed by the flurry of activity and ends up not picking up any eggs. She loved her basket (if you'll remember, I posted that back here), and my sister liked the calendar I made for her of pictures of Hannah. 

I also made time to go with Hannah to gymnastics on Monday night before coming back here. She loves gymnastics, and I must say she follows the instructions really well. I am very grateful that my niece is such a polite, respectful child. Yes, she has her moments, but overall she does really well. Having worked with the children I have at past jobs, having a child who does not talk back, does not say no, and does not throw a fit when asked to do something (again, most of the time), is a blessing. All that to say, she did great at gymnastics. There was one comical moment where she was hanging from the rings, and the teacher wanted her to lift her legs up straight in front of her as if she was trying to touch her toes to her nose. Hannah looked at her, smiled sweetly, and said, "No....." It was pretty clear that Hannah doubted her ability to do so, but she just shyly said no. The teacher helped her and eventually got it, but it was funny to see her say no in such a respectful way - or to say it at all after I had just been thinking how obediently she was acting!
 
Anyway, here is a shot of her (she's in the background) getting ready to practice summersaults. Here is the before: 
...and here is the after: 
Well, I'm off to enjoy this day! I hope you do as well! 

And for those of you counting (because I know you all are), we have 14 days till Disney!!! Today doesn't count because, well, it's already here, and the day we leave doesn't count because... um.... we leave that day! Yeah, that's right (always looking for ways to shorten the wait between now and then!). 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for the pics. I am looking forward to watching Hannah at "nastics". Love you