Saturday, May 23, 2009

We're home!

We got home from Disney on the 17th of this month. We had a WONDERFUL time! I took 1,196 pictures. Yup - I'm not lying! We rested, we rode rides, we took days off that we had planned to visit a park, we slept in, we swam, we sang songs, we shopped, we ate, we laughed, and we had just a wonderful, fabulous time. God is so good to us that we got to enjoy such a nice, long trip! 

Since I didn't update for two weeks, let me just share some highlights, in no particular order:

* Hannah loved riding Pirates of the Caribbean. She kept asking to ride it every time we were in the Magic Kingdom. 
* She dressed up as Jasmine once, got her hair done as a kids' boutique in the Magic Kingdom, and got to meet Jasmine and Aladdin while decked out in her outfit. It was so sweet. 
* It was super duper hot. 
* We went to Sea World and sat in the Soak Zone. This is where Shamu gets you really wet. We doubted how wet we would get.
* That was a big mistake!
* I got really tan, which was really fun. It's already faded, but I liked it!
* I got really sick 3 different nights, but after the first weekend, I was done being sick - yip
pee!
* I lost my park ticket not once, but twice. Disney doesn't replace your ticket if you've lost it unless you have the numbers on the back of the ticket. I literally cried in the park. Luckily, the guest services cast member printed me an extra ticket, and I was able to get the company I bought the ticket from to fax a copy of the ticket to him. Voila! Ticket replaced and I was good to go. I lost it again two days later, but I had that free ticket that the cast member had printed me, so I didn't need to cry again.
* Hannah rode her first roller coaster. She didn't like it the first time, but it was a bigger hit on the second ride. 
* We had no traffic on I-77, so we made good time. 
* The trip was awesome!

Here are just a few pictures from the trip: 

Missy and Hannah on her second trip on the kiddie coaster.
Hannah after getting her hair, make-up, and nails done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. The castle in the background, and there was a cast member blowing bubbles on the street that morning. This is probably my favorite picture of her the whole trip. 
Mom, Hannah, and I before dinner on Mom's first night there. 
The Soak Zone. They weren't kiddin'.
Hannah and I on the Tea Cups. 

I'll upload my pictures to the blog in increments, but I think the coffee shop I'm writing from is closing soon, so I'll have to do that later. TTFN! 

Oh, one more thing: I took a cute video of Hannah dancing one day in the parks. The High School Musical Parade was going in the background, so that's the music you hear. You also hear me - very shrilly - encouraging her to dance. The mic on the camera was up loud; I promise I don't normally bark at her that much in the parks! ;) 


1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!!! What are your plans for the rest of the summer? Loved looking at all of the pictures and can't wait to see more!

Ruthie