Thursday, October 15, 2009

Moved in and Ready for Visitors!

Today we had diversity training at work for the Student Life division. I won't lie - these types of trainings can be a double-edged sword. I admit I bring in my own ideas and beliefs, and everyone else does too. There were a lot of good take-a-way messages from the day, but there were some hard ones as well. It's an issue I need to continue to let the Lord work on my heart about.

I'm settled into the house. All my boxes are unpacked! People have been pretty impressed by this, but if you recall, I am just one person, so being unpacked already is not a big feat. I also don't live well out of boxes, so I had a goal of being unpacked asap. I guess I met it!

My dear friend Jill is arriving in about an hour, and I'm very excited to host her! She lives in Nebraska and I don't get to see her often enough, so it will be wonderful to have the next day or so with her. This is the fall break for students at Cedarville, so I have tomorrow off.

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but Laura, my coworker and close friend, got engaged a couple of weeks ago. She has asked me to be her maid of honor, and I'm so excited! She and her fiance are planning on getting married next summer, and this Saturday night I'm going with her wedding dress shopping! The wedding planning fun has begun!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Hi Jenny! I am VERY impressed that you are all unpacked. I don't think Jamie and I have ever fully unpacked anywhere we've ever lived. UG. :) Well, I'd say we're all unpacked now, but yet we still have boxes sitting in the garage. I need to just get rid of some stuff -eh? :) Have fun with your friend and also have fun wedding dress shopping! Wedding planning is so fun, and getting to be the Maid of Honor is such, well, an honor! :) Enjoy your little Fall Break.

Ruthie

Mom said...

Have a great time with Jill. Enjoy your three day week-end! Love you

Jaimi said...

Enjoy your time with Jill and tell her I said hi!