Friday, October 15, 2010

Fair Time!

I went home last weekend for a quick visit. My best friend Jaimi had a card party, where she sold her card creations. She's very talented, and hopefully she'll be posting some pictures of her options for you to buy (very reasonably, I might add) on her blog.

It was also the time of year where Jaimi's favorite event comes to Loudonville: the fair. Jaimi actually hates the fair. She says that you walk up and down the street, seeing old classmates or friends with whom you've lost touch and maybe never even liked anyways. You'll say hi, catch up, pretend to be interested in the other person's life, promise to keep in touch - even take down their contact information - and promptly return to your original plan not to maintain the relationship. She's sort of right, but I always go because, after all, how can you get fair fries if you don't go to the fair?

We got some fun shots of Hannah while at the fair, so I thought I'd share them with you all!

Before heading to the fair, I let Hannah play with my new sunglasses and asked to take her picture. This is how she posed - can you say diva, anyone? I LOVE this shot of her!

I also got my hair done, so I took an obligatory self-shot. :) I like how it turned out. I got lots of compliments - even from several men - so that's fun!

At the fair, Hannah asked to ride one of the ponies. I hate that these animals have to live this kind of life, so we were extra appreciative and nice to Dollar, her pony.


Hannah wanted to ride some kids' rides, so here she is on the Scrambler. She really enjoyed this!



Next up was a caterpillar ride. She liked this one too!

Last but not least, she rode a version of the swings. This man was really nice, playing Simon Says with the kids while they rode. Hannah's ride partner was really having fun! Hannah's a bit too shy to let loose in groups like this, but she enjoyed it, too!
It was a great day at the fair; maybe next year I'll drag Jaimi along! :)

2 comments:

Jaimi said...

You hit the nail on the head about my feelings of the fair. Good luck getting me there next year. But I'm glad you guys had fun! BTW, how many people did you get contact info from but know you never will contact them??? just kidding:)
And I LOVE the hair!

Mom said...

Great pictures. It was a beautiful week for the fair. I love the "Little Miss Diva" pic.
Jaimi is right...so how come I try to go every night.....