Life got busy with some correspondence lately, so I have returned, ne'er to neglect my faithful public again!
Okay, so that's unlikely to happen, but I AM back to keep forging ahead with the Disney trip report.
* Today, Gracie and Hannah had appointments at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at 8 AM. This meant we could get into the Magic Kingdom before opening. Seeing a theme? We like to get in and get group shots in an empty park when possible! :)
* It was freezing in the morning, so several in our group opted to buy sweatshirts. About 10 minutes later, it warmed up and they weren't needed. Go figure! (I wasn't one to buy one, and I was glad I saved my money!)
* At lunch, my sister realized she didn't have her belly pack (yes, she is one of THOSE people when on vacation). She often carries loose items like IDs, money, credit cards, park tickets, etc. while I carry the camera. Anyway, she bought Hannah an autograph book to get characters' autographs, and she realized about 10 minutes later she couldn't find the belly pack. She looked, other guests looked, cast members looked, Matt and I looked... no luck. This lunch is a blur because we were all pretty subdued. She was carrying my money and hers - about $600 in cash in addition to our tickets, credit cards, etc. Toward the end of the meal, Betty suddenly exclaimed, "You guys! I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry!" We all had a sense about what she would say. Turns out my sister handed Betty a sweater as we walked into the restaurant and with it, the belly pack. It had been sitting next to Betty during the entire meal - about 45 minutes spent largely as a stressed out group! Glad she had the belly pack though!
* Hannah dressed as Princess Tiana from The Princess and the Frog. She likes Tiana because Hannah says "she is brown like me!"
* We were supposed to see the Dreamcicle Lights on the castle. I specifically planned for this. We sat and waited, but they never turned them on. Turns out it ended a few days early. I was disappointed because the castle is stunning with the lights. Oh well! We enjoyed the Main Street Electrical Parade (during which Betty lost her balance and sort of pushed Gracie, in front of her, into a flower bed that had a surrounding 360 degree bench we were all standing to watch. They weren't hurt, and it was pretty funny.
* We entertained ourselves doing a mini photo-shoot before the fireworks. Pretty funny.
Remember... we love an empty park in the mornings. This is why. Shots like this are rare!
The girls got to sit next to each other for their boutique appointments. A brief word about the hairstyles you're about to see: the moms decided it was the girls' day, so they got to choose their hair. One style is the crown, which is the pretty bun and crown Hannah got before. Well, this time they picked the Diva style. Karen, Missy and I were discussing the hair later, about how the girls got to choose because it was a treat for them. I said something to the effect of, "Yeah, this style isn't my favorite. It's very D-I-V-A." Karen said in response, "Yeah, I think it looks T-R-A-S-H-Y." We had a good laugh and spelled that out a few times to each other. ;) The girls didn't seem to care for it either. I think they thought they would look different, but they are always pretty no matter what!
It was tough getting everyone's attention at the right angle with the sun behind me to light the shot and higher than their elephants when the children were running the controls... but I did it! Too bad I cut out Hannah! :)
I was spinning us as fast as possible - me, Gracie, Hannah, Addie, and Karen. Karen's face should be evidenced of what a good spinner I am! :)
Hannah dressed as Tiana, so we made it a point to meet them today. Here, Prince Naveen is giving Hannah 5 High Five's for being 5. It was a cute moment!
The Pete's Dragon float - very cool. This movie gets little love but it's a favorite of my sister's, and apparently a favorite of Karen's, too!
2 comments:
I love the pictures. I just can't get over how great the fireworks and light parade pictures turned out!! wow!
Awesome...Did you make notes everyday so you would remember or does it just come naturally? I plan on committing plagerism (sp.?) and coping your blogs for my scrapbook. Love you
Post a Comment