Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School!

The time of year has come again where I've returned back to work at Cedarville, and you know what that means???

Time for a fall-themed blog background! ;)

Seriously, though, life has returned with somewhat of a schedule. It's been a good start thus far, although a bit quieter. Laura is on maternity leave after having twins, and she won't be back for at least a few weeks. She's returning part-time but not until after her maternity leave ends. That means we'll be hiring another part-time counselor, so there will soon be 5 of us. It might be a busy few weeks for me since most of the girls coming for counseling only want a female counselor. We'll see, I guess! We've been working on changes to our website, our intake form, helping with RA training, etc. We've actually got several changes coming to our website mid-September, and that's pretty impressive. Sometimes, some people in our office aren't always the best about getting projects done in a timely manner.... I'm not talking about myself, but I won't be naming any names. Actually, my boss called me "a machine" the other day in reference to what I've gotten done since we've been back!

In other news, our Disney trip is two months away. Actually, two months from now, we'll be coming BACK from Disney, but let's not think about that. :)

I read the book The Help this weekend in about ten hours; it was a good read, and I'll probably see the movie soon.

I'll be back to work for my part time job soon, also. Ahhh, how I've missed working two jobs at once. ;)

Hannah is super excited for kindergarten - more so than for her two upcoming Disney trips. You know THAT'S excited.

My dad is back to work after his knee replacement surgery in May. Only 9 months until retirement for him!

I plan to post about my impromptu trip to New York with friends in the coming days. I just haven't gotten around to uploading the pictures yet, but I'll do so soon!

Last but not least, I'm LOVING this weather!!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I was wondering when you were gonna post again. I am just glad I am not the only working in our extended family of 5 (obviously everyone was working but it was fun/sad to say that). Love ya!

Ruthie said...

I've been wanting to read The Help. I've only heard good things about it. Is Laura your friend/coworker who's wedding you were in? I'm loving the weather too! I always look forward to Fall... if only winter didn't have to follow. :)

Jaimi said...

Glad you are getting back in the swing and I hope you get the position filled so you have help at work!

Mom said...

Sounds like you are adjusting to being back to work! I am glad its been a good start! I am looking forward to getting back to work myself! Only 4 more days off!