Monday, October 24, 2011

Update Coming Soon, or Thoughts about This Blog

I didn't end up using this weekend for productive things like I had planned - one of which was finishing my trip report - but I've got Tuesday night slated for this purpose. Hopefully, by putting it out there that I'll have at least one update Tuesday night, that will serve as the accountability I need to get it done. Admittedly, other than how I wasted time this weekend, I do have busy weeks each week. I work on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays from 6-11 PM, I have a phone date with my best friend on Tuesdays, Bible study on Wednesdays, a phone date on Fridays with another dear friend, and church Sundays. I try to leave a little down time on Tuesdays and Wednesdays so that I don't burn out by the end of the week. Saturdays are my only non-scheduled day, and this weekend, Mom, Miss, and Hannah are coming down for what has become our annual Halloween festivities - pumpkin carving and trick-or-treating around Cedarville. I'm REALLY looking forward to that!

I realize I am essentially justifying to myself why I haven't posted more of late; none of you are carrying pitchforks and burning torches to punish me (thank goodness)! This blog is important to me - it's a needed outlet for my own thoughts/feelings/life since I too easily decide that "nothing is new" in my life since I'm single without children. Plus, my job calls me to focus on others, so it's a good habit to remember to focus on myself at times, too. The Lord made me aware of that bad habit a few years ago, where I minimize my own life and try to keep the conversation focused on the friend/family member I'm with, so this blog, even if it ends up being about nothing in particular, serves the purpose of keeping me in the practice of self-care (beyond the trips to Disney, which is my more in-your-face self-care behavior ;)). It helps me validate that I *d0* have stories to share and revelations to record. I like this form of e-journaling, too. It's fun to look back on my life and see what was happening during different seasons of my life. Ideally, I'll get back to posting at least once a week... we'll see. I need to prioritize my self-care! :)

So, tomorrow night - part 2 of day one at Disney!

4 comments:

Mom said...

You have such a busy scedule..I am so glad you take the time to blog. I really like reading and looking at all the pictures. Keep 'em coming! Love you BIG much!

Mom said...

You have such a busy scedule..I am so glad you take the time to blog. I really like reading and looking at all the pictures. Keep 'em coming! Love you BIG much!

Jaimi said...

I LOVE that you decided that. I think that you have lots to share about your life and as you know, I LOVE hearing every little detail. I check your blog daily and get excited when you have a new post.

Jill said...

So far, my blog has been good self-care and accountability to me too:) And YOU blogging has been motivating for me. May we continue to learn more of each other!