Thursday, October 13, 2011

This Just In... from Walt Disney World!!! (Day 1, Part 1)

Well, friends and family, we've just spent a wonderful morning at the Magic Kingdom! We flew into Disney last night, where my cousin Karen was waiting for us while she attends classes at The Disney Institute by Day and visits the parks with us by afternoon/night. I don't have much time today before we have to leave for our dinner reservations and our evening at the Mickey's-Not-S0-Scary-Halloween Party, but I wanted to post some pictures and keep those of you who want to know how much fun we're having updated!

Hannah has been so pumped this trip. She keeps talking about which rides she wants to do, and she's in that stage where, even though you were actually standing beside her and heard the same information/saw the same thing, she tells you verbatim, minute-by-minute what happened. It's not annoying when it's my niece doing it. :) Here she is, getting ready to board the flight.

The view from the plane - lovely cloud patterns.

Our sleepy little traveler.

You could see the moon across the sky from the plane. This picture makes it look far away - it was really close and HUGE!

How the Castle looked Wednesday night when Karen and I had our own personal Disney park adventure!

Inside joke... this is where Karen's mom, our Aunt Betty, lost her balance during our Christmas trip and fell INTO those bushes ON TOP of her granddaughter, Gracie. Ahhhh, the memories. ;)

A dark picture, but proof that we were in the parks solo for about 90 minutes Wednesday night. We spent a while trying to decide which stranger to ask to take our picture!

The Halloween decorations on the street lamps - love these!

The view of the sunrise from our balcony Thursday morning. So pretty!

A group picture of us this morning, before the humidity made our hair look less lovely.

Hannah got Pluto's autograph in her "list" (what she calls her autograph book).

Creative pumpkin carving - the pumpkin above the Main Street Cinema at the Magic Kingdom has a Mickey movie reel carved into it!

Ahhhh.... fall at the Magic Kingdom.

Our tradition - Mommy and Hannah ride in a Dumbo elephant, I ride before them, and I take pictures of them while we ride! :)

Hannah and I waiting to ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

It's not a morning at the Magic Kingdom if princesses don't ride their regal steeds, right? :)

Splash Mountain was a success this year!

Princess Ariel and Prince Eric were great with Hannah. Prince Eric knew that "Tia" is Spanish for aunt, so he talked with her about what she knows in Spanish. He wrote in her autograph book, "I want to swim with my dog," in Spanish. They stayed in character the whole time! :)


Mommy and Hannah being pirates before we rode Pirates of the Caribbean.

The view in this afternoon.

The very tall slide that Hannah bravely went down - TWICE! (Tia took 3 turns and Mommy took one, too.)

Master bedroom.

Kitchen/living room/dining room area.

Our living room.

One of my favorite parts of these rooms are the soaker jacuzzi tubs...

Proof that work doesn't always stop on vacation. :(

Our sleepy soon-to-be-princess before the Halloween party tonight :)

To help you keep track of the sequence of posts about this trip, use the column on the right-hand side of this blog called "Blog Archive" to read all the posts that detail this trip in order!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Okay, right now I am crying!!! You have so many wonderful pictures! I look forward to more. I love you all and miss you so much!

Jaimi said...

Yay- those pictures look like you are all having a wonderful time so far. I'm looking fwd to all the updates:)

Jill said...

How neat to be able to experience Disney in all the seasons with the different decorations and themed festivities!