I'll hopefully finish my posts about our Disney trip during Thanksgiving break. Until then, I hope my reflections on thankfulness help you AND me to be thankful every chance we get.
The thing I'm thankful for tonight is my health. A childhood friend, just a year older than me, died in April. My dear friend's mother-in-law is facing the twilight of her life on earth. My wonderful coworker Jeffrey was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. His prognosis is good (thank you, Lord!). Still, I'm reminded by all of these situations that good health is not a blessing we all enjoy - and it's definitely not one that any of us enjoys forever (at least not on this side of heaven).
I've been so blessed to not have to fight for my life. I'm humbled by those people, including Jeffrey, who reflect on their diagnosis with trust in the Lord and choose to see His goodness when the sickness of our world offers another option: despair. And as I type this, I realize I'm not just thankful for being healthy; I'm thankful for the people who show me how to respond with trust in the Lord even when I'm not.
What are you thankful for today?
4 comments:
I'm thankful for God's faithfulness. I'm thankful for my family, for health and for you!
You. And my delightful children and my god-fearing husband and my sacrifcial and generous parents. And my gracious God. Et al...Thanks for causing me articulate these things:)
You. And my delightful children and my god-fearing husband and my sacrifcial and generous parents. And my gracious God. Et al...Thanks for causing me articulate these things:)
I am thankful for your Dad. I am thankful for you. I am thankful for Missy. I am thankful Hannah! And I am thankful that I was raised in a home with Christian parents!
Post a Comment