Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Few More Thanks

I had grand visions of posting a daily post of things I'm thankful for, but, alas, time slipped away from me. A bullet point list will have to do.

* I'm thankful for free music online from Pandora.

* I'm thankful that I saw my contractor today and have a box of siding sitting in my backyard, ready for installation on Tuesday or Wednesday.

* I'm thankful for technology like iPhones and MacBooks and heated car seats and microwaves.

* I'm thankful for a nice comforter that reminds me that it's good and right to spend money on myself sometimes.

* I'm thankful for good books.

* I'm thankful for tasty food.

* (You knew this was coming.) I'm thankful for Disney World and for Walt Disney, who built something decades ago that has left a lasting, special mark on my family's lives.

* I'm thankful for my dog who loves me unconditionally, even when I don't return love so unconditionally. Who's the higher mammal again?

* I'm thankful for a dryer that makes my sheets nice and warm after I wash them.

* I'm thankful for the Lord doing a healing work in my heart regarding flying.

* I'm thankful for how the Lord is still leading me out of dark places. When I realize how often I fold my hands and pray silently to myself without a second thought, I remember how far the Lord has brought me. Though I still have strong bouts of fear and doubt at times, He has brought me so far.

* I'm thankful for music.

* I'm thankful that my two closest friends are blogging.

* I'm thankful for movies that make me laugh and think.

* I'm thankful for the art class I'm taking January and the chance to practice a creative form of self-care.

* I'm thankful for my career, my ministry, my calling... I'm thankful that the amazing thing I get to do every day is something someone pays me for.

* I'm thankful that the aforementioned job gives me the chance to speak Truth out loud every single day in every single conversation. It not only helps me to share it with others; it helps me to say it to myself, too.

* I'm thankful to be hosting Thanksgiving in my home.

* I'm thankful for my dad, who is making the trip to my house this year, and for his generosity and hard work and faithfulness to his family.

* I'm thankful for my niece's playful, kind-hearted, comforting, obedient (mostly), and trusting spirit.

* I'm thankful for my mom, who is always there for me at any time of the day or night and by any means I want - phone, text, email, or in person.

* I'm thankful for my generous, supportive, protective sister.

* I'm thankful for my cousin Karen, who is more like a sister than a cousin, and for her wonderful family.

* I'm thankful for my Bible study and the relationships I'm building there and all that I'm learning.

* I'm thankful for my Truth-speaking, heart-sharing, laughter-inducing, grace-giving, and patience-having friends.

* I'm thankful for wonderful worship music - too many songs of which have touched me to list.

* I'm thankful for Jesus, who sacrificed Himself to make sure my adoption was finalized.

* I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit, who lives inside me even when it's a pretty dismal place to spend time.

* I'm thankful for the Father above, who sent His Son and His Spirit to make sure I had a way to know Him and be with Him forever.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love this blog! The I am thankful for...'s are great and makes me very thankful for you! I love you.