Sunday, December 11, 2011

A New "Side" of the Story

The siding finally started to get replaced on Friday from the hail damage back in May. It's been a long seven months of waiting, so I'm glad to have the project underway. I thought I'd share the progress thus far.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Here's how my house looked when I bought it in October of 2009.

Here's how it looked as of Friday night. The brown squiggles are WEEDS that grew up behind the siding. As Hannah would say, "It's yuck!"


Ew.

As I sat in my living room on Saturday, my contractor tried to cocoon me in Tyvek! ;) (He did cut a hole shortly thereafter - have no fear.)

The backside of the house still has most of the old siding on.

Anyone need some ugly aluminum siding? I've got some to spare.

Right side of the house - I think it's up next for the new siding.

The left side still needs a lot of the old taken off.

As of Saturday afternoon, much of the front is done! It doesn't quite look like it here, but the new siding is a soft sage green. I am really happy with it so far and, in spite of my fears, it does NOT look like the color of pea soup. Nor does it clash with the grass (yes, these are actual fears I had before picking a color.)

Depending on the light, it looks brown or tan, but you can tell it's green when you're in front of the house, and especially if the lighting is right. Having the white trim on it when it's done (like around the windows) should help the green stand out more.

(I have since disposed of the pumpkins. ;))



This was an accidental shot as I took pictures, but I like it. It looks very wintry to me. :)

A pretty sight on a pretty December day!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Love the progress! I hope it is done before you come home. See you soon! Love you BIG much,

Melissa said...

Hannah thinks the house is pretty but she wondered what all the blood was doing on the side of the house. I told her it was weeds. She crinkled her nose at the yuck parts but liked the siding. From me, I Iike the color a lot and you are so silly to have worried the house might clash with the grass. Just another reason why I love you! By the way, Hannah says not to worry about the house clashing. She says the grass will blend in! ;-)

Jaimi said...

yay! so glad it's in progress. I really like the color and am excited to see the finished product.