In other news, the siding is done, and I will post a picture this week (I hope). I'll have enough from the insurance to cover some other expenses as well. God is good. I hope that, the next time I'm in a trial, I can remember in the midst of it to trust the Lord, not just to be relieved and thankful when the trial ends. I have some internal work to be done now since the pounding in of the siding created some nail pops in some rooms of my house that need to be repaired. Even so, it's great to have it done. That said, the house looks terrific! I'm really excited about how it looks. I love pulling in to the green house on the street. The shutters aren't up yet, but I hope they'll be up soon. Now, I need to pick a color to paint the front door. I'm leaning toward black, though I'm not sure. My neighbor's sister has a green house with black shutters and a black front door, and she said it really pops. Worst case scenario is that I'll use black and will have to paint over it. I'm also thinking of a tan, but I think the tan pulls out a yellow tint to the green. Next up will be painting the kitchen. I'm leaning toward a chocolate or a gold color; I like the "modern country" look - burgundy, navy, deep greens, tans, browns, etc. I don't think navy or green would be good on the walls - too dark - but the chocolate might be okay because the cabinets are white. We'll see!
I go back to work tomorrow, and I'm ready (I think!). It'll be good to be back on a schedule and know what day of the week it is!
1 comment:
Glad to know you are happy with the siding. I am excited to see it. Gotta make plans for a weekend to visit. Love you
Post a Comment