Today is my mom's birthday. I can't really do justice to how wonderful she is in a blog post, but I'll give it a shot. What's the word limit on my blog posts, again? ;)
When I think about being more positive, I think about following her example.
When I think about complaining less, I think about her ability to resist moaning and groaning.
When I think about being more selfless with Hannah, I think about my mom putting Hannah's wants first and doing pretty much any activity that little girl asks for.
When I think about trusting the Lord with my finances, I think about how quickly she praises God when money that they need to pay a bill comes through at the last minute, and about how little I heard her stress about it in the days before.
When I wonder if people see me as a happy, warm person, I think (and am confident) that that's how they see my mother.
When I think about honoring our parents, I think about how well she cares for my grandparents (not all of to whom she was born).
When I think about being loved unconditionally, I think about the fact that she's made my cup overflow so often, I've had to swap it out over and over again.
When I think about being a good mom someday, I hope I get the chance to follow her example.
When I think about people dear to me (be they friends or clients) who don't have a mom who accepts them, encourages them to follow their dreams, and is always, always, always on their side, I think about my mom, and how she has always done these things for me, and my heart aches for what they haven't had.
And that's barely scratching the surface. She's just spectacular. I don't appreciate her often enough. In fact, I take her for granted so frequently it's pathetic. But I love her so much it's hard to describe. And the best part is that I know she'd say the same thing about me.
Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you big, giant, HUGE much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your mom too and the compliments you shared about her make me want to be those things too!
Happy Birthday Carlene:)
I hope she is having a wonderful birthday!! She deserves it!
Thanks, Jen, for the wonderful words. I am so blessed to have you & Miss as my daughters. You have brought me much joy & happiness. Love you BIG much
Post a Comment