Saturday, June 27, 2009

¡Hola de San Juan, Puerto Rico!

We arrived in San Juan on Friday, Jun 26 around 1:3o PM. Our flight to Atlanta was uneventful, aside from the fact that I was largely without anxiety! Praise Jesus. Actually, I was able to enjoy some worship time on the flight, listening to some of my favorite songs by Barlow Girl on my iPhone - particularly "Porcelain Heart", "On My Own", and "You Led Me." I can't often say I am able to worship while in flight, but God was good yesterday and allowed me to do so!

Our flight to San Juan was nice. I've never been on a plane that big - it had three columns of seats (2, 3, 2), so Miss and I could spread out and enjoy some extra space thanks to Hannah's petiteness! We had screens on the seatbacks in front of us, but the unusual thing about that for me was that we had about 15 movies to choose from. I watched "Bride Wars" (aside: I'd skip it) and started to see "He's Just Not That Into You" but didn't get to finish it by the time we landed. And the best part was that, during takeoff, we barely bumped at all! The flight crew also had a good sense of humor, which is always fun. I guess having the bigger plane prevented us from feeling those effects. 

After we landed, we took a shuttle to the hotel. It was nice to have the transportation, but it was about a 45 minute drive! It's only about 20 miles from the airport, but we were driving through town in stop-and-go traffic, so we were really ready to get there. The shuttle was being shared by several people who are also attending the conference my sister is going to while we're here, so at one point, the people around us were talking about FDA drug regulations with Elton John music playing over the radio as we drove through San Juan. That was an interesting mix for sure! 

We got here and quickly made our way to find some food! Sidenote: By this time, it was about 2:45 PM. I hadn't slept Thursday night - literally... never fell asleep! I ate breakfast around 3:30 AM and had two biscotti cookies on the plane, so between 3:30 AM and 3:00 PM, I hadn't eaten or slept. Yikes - so exhausted. We ate some lunch at the poolside cafe and then decided to introduce Hannah to the ocean. We walked the short steps from the cafe to the ocean and tried to encourage her to put her feet in. She was a bit hesitant, but we talked her into it. 

I tried posting some shots from the adventure, but the website isn't responding right now. I will try later, and if it doesn't work, I'll send a link through email for a way for you to see them. If you don't get the link in your email since I'm not sure who all reads this, email me and I'll get you the link, too. Hopefully this won't be needed since blogs are much better with pictures, but we'll have to wait and see! I also plan to update the blog once a day, but if I get behind, be sure to scroll down to make sure you didn't miss any posts. TTFN! 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks for the update! Have fun and don't get too much sun! Love you all.

Ruthie said...

Sounds like quite an adventure!!! Have a glorious time!

Ruthie