This is the view from our room. You can see the mountains in the distance. That road is the entrance to the hotel, so it's rarely busy as it's a gated resort.
This is another shot of our view. That's a wildlife area below, with fish, turtles, and iguanas swimming around during the day. Hannah loves walking out on the balcony to check out the animals each day.
Speaking of animals, check out the iguana! These are very peaceful critters. They don't mess with you unless you go after them. I've seen several people walk right up to them, put a leaf in the iguana's face, and it just sits there. Pretty tame if you ask me!
This was Hannah's outfit yesterday. Very Caribbean, and she opted to pose for you as well! :)
More posing. Ladies and gents, I think we've got a diva on our hands!
Here's a collection of shells we collected yesterday (Saturday) morning on our beach walk. Mom, can you guess which one is yours?
So last night we ordered room service again. The food is pretty good here. We were able to have lunch with Miss yesterday but had to do dinner alone since she had to eat with coworkers and their clients.
Today I slept really late, and Hannah ended up taking a nap during her regular lunch time. When she got up, we headed down to the pool. There's a seat about waist level in the pool, and Hannah was standing on it at one point. I showed her the edge and told her to be very careful walking along it, but of course at one point she reached too far for her pool floatie as it escaped. She fell into the pool - the depth was about 3 feet there - and was almost completely submerged. I was able to get to her pretty quickly, but she was scared out of her wits regardless. I comforted her a bit, made sure she was breathing okay, and we opted to get some lunch. After eating, we walked along the beach to let our meals digest. We went back to the pool and swam some more before making our way to the kiddie pool for Hannah to play in a bit while I dried off. We got back to the room around 5:30, and I took a shower while Hannah watched some TV.
I've decided I won't have lots of pictures of the resort, the beach, the pool, or cute Miss Hannah until Missy is with me. It's too hard to be out near the water, keeping on eye on Hannah and taking pictures at the same time. Plus when we're near the water, she'd just as happily be IN it as opposed to near it. I'll definitely have some shots as the week goes on.
The title of this blog is from one of Hannah's many interesting quotes over the last couple of days. Last night, when Miss left for dinner, Hannah and I headed down to the poolside restaurant. Unfortunately, it was closed, so I opted to take her down to the beach instead. It took some coaxing, but I was able to get her to let me carry her in up to my waist. Turns out she loved having the waves come in and carry us in toward shore a few feet. She kept shouting, "Dreams DO come true!" Not sure why, but she thought that was really magical, I guess! And today at the pool, she told me a fascinating story about being a mommy. I asked her where her baby was, and she told me, "At home. The baby dreamed and hit its nose and went swimming." Wouldn't you hate to be that baby? ;)
Miss should be back soon for dinner, and we're hungry, so I'm going to wrap this up before she returns. Here's a couple of parting shots of Hannah playing in the sand at the beach last night!
2 comments:
Grest pictures! Looks like you're having a good time! Looking forward to your next blog, with or without pics! love you all
Hannah is so sweet! I love the "Dreams do come true" story!
Ruthie
Post a Comment