Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Still here!

So I've been absent a few days... I apologize! Not much has been new, and I keep forgetting to sign on to the internet while Missy is here to get me online. Tonight, I did it, as Hannah would say, "All by myself!"

We've enjoyed some very relaxing days since being here. We sleep late, get a late lunch, and then head out to the pool. We swim for a while, then move out to the beach where we look for shells, walk in the sand, sometimes play in the waves, and rest on beach chairs before heading back to the pool for more swimming. It's been beautiful here - breezy, beautiful blue skies with fluffy white clouds, pretty water, and warm pool and ocean water. Love it! 

Today is Missy's last day of her conference, so starting tomorrow I have some help taking care of the kiddo! That'll be nice to have someone there so I can wander off and take pictures without worry about Hannah falling into the water or someone stealing it when I'm not right by it. 

I can't remember if I posted this or not; I don't think so. We had another water scare with Hannah. Well, I'VE had another water scare. The first happened on Monday, if you recall. Yesterday, we were in the kiddie pool, which comes up to about mid-calf on me. Hannah was playing with her pool floatie and I'm not sure what happened. Hannah either stumbled backwards or tripped on the drain cover at the bottom of the pool or.... something. Anyways, I was sitting on a lounge chair about 15 feet away (opposite side of the kiddie pool). She fell backward onto her back, and her legs were flailing up in the air around the pool floatie. I think her legs were sort of tangled up in it. Well, in that moment, I became an Olympic sprinter and took off from the chair, into the water, and splashed my way to her (I'm sure that was a lovely sight for the other people present... me running in my bathing suit! ;)) By the time I got to her, she was just standing up and was, of course, very shaken. She cried and cried, telling me, "I don't wanna go undah water, Tiaaaaaaa!" Poor thing. I held her for a few minutes and then made her stand back in the water while I held her to make sure she didn't develop fear of the water. She perked up shortly thereafter and voted we go play in the sand... which we did! 

Not much else to report. We're watching "So You Think You Can Dance" while Miss is at her final obligation for the conference. It's a hard life, I guess. :) 

I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of this beautiful place. Until then, g'night! 

No comments: