Thursday, July 2, 2009

You oughta be in pictures....

As promised, now that Missy's conference is over, I had the chance to take some pictures today. Here they are, in all their sunny, San Juan glory:

Hannah and I this morning after breakfast, enjoying the ocean.

A closer shot. 

Documented evidence of being on the beach in 2009. "Mommy Tia Hannah 2009".

A message for Mom and Dad (Bubba and Papa, respectively. Hannah started calling my mom "Bubba" when she was learning to talk, and it's stuck). 

Ahhhhh. 

More loveliness. 

It's nesting season for the Loggerhead turtles, so they have some areas of the beach roped off where they are laying their eggs. 
You're not missing much - this close up shot is about as exciting here as it is in person. You can't see much. I bet it'd be more interesting at night, but then the turtles would avoid it, so I guess it's bound to be this entertaining no matter when you see it. :) 

Some mollusks we found while walking the beach. They were still alive, and yes, I did throw them back. Cool shells, though. 

Hannah's footprint as we walked in the sand. 

The water is about 75 degrees or so, and the sand is very soft. 

A shot down the beach. Not sure what's around that corner. The beach is usually very empty and quiet. Makes great material for walking. 

The waves were coming in - very peaceful. 

Isn't she precious? 

So this ball just came rollin' in from the ocean. Random - it deserved a picture! 

Just another day at the beach. :) 

A shot from the hotel toward the beach. 

The flowers around the resort are pretty. 
 
This is where we eat when we eat in a restaurant - it's called Marbella's, and it's buffet style. It's not bad. 

Hannah playing in the kiddie pool. No mishaps today thus far!

Hannah posing by the fountain outside. She loves the fountains!

 Another shot by the fountains. We told her to say "Special Oso" (a new Disney channel character) to get her to smile.

As promised, here are some pictures of an iguana. 

He posed well for me. 

They  have really long tails, and they're very peaceful. When they start nodding their heads as if saying yes, it's time to clear out. 

A shot from my lounge chair to see how close they get - and how long they are!

He was enjoying the shade. 

Hannah was being very brave.

Check out those feet!

The kiddie pool with sprinklers behind it. 

A section of the pool (as are the next few shots). That's the ocean in the background. 


Posing again. 

 
The sky has been this color nearly every day. It's perfect! 
I hope you enjoyed the pictures so far. I'll post more from around the hotel later on! Bye for now!

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

wow, the ocean and the swimming pools look amamzing!

Dan, Julie, Mya and Sara said...

Oh, I so wish I was there with you! It reminds me of our honeymoon place. Looks like you are having a blast! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I always get so excited when you post=) Can't wait until you all get home. Mya has been asking for Hannah a lot lately. She wants her to wear her favorite dress-up outfit in her toy box. She is saving it to give to Hannah.

Lurie said...

Wow, beautiful pictures! If I turn on my nature sounds and listen to the waves I can pretend I'm there.

Mom said...

The pictures are great. I even got Dad to sit down and look at them!! Only thing is, it makes me miss you all even more. Love you all