* I traveled to Disney for two weeks in May with Missy and Hannah.
* I traveled to San Juan, Puerto Rico for 11 days in July with Missy and Hannah.
* I went to the American Association of Christian Counselors conference in Nashville with my coworkers and got to hear speakers including Joni Eareckson Tada, John Ortberg, John Piper, Diana Langburg, and Chuck Colson.
* I was asked to be maid of honor in my friend and coworker Laura's upcoming wedding.
* I started supervising two graduate students who are working to get their masters degrees in counseling and continued supervising Laura as she works toward her independent license.
* I saw a fantastic game with Laura between OSU and Iowa that clinched the Big Ten championship for OSU and sent them to the Rose Bowl.
* I saw my first Cavs game from box seats with my sister on my 29th birthday.
* I taught my first class as an adjunct instructor at Cedarville in the psychology department.
* I got sucked into the Twilight series and am finding it highly enjoyable.
* I had a blessed holiday season with getting some great gifts like the soundtrack to Glee, an OSU jacket, lotion from Hannah, a crockpot, and a AAA membership!
* I bought a house!
The year was good. Here's what 2010 holds for me:
* I'm turning 30.
* A surprise birthday trip somewhere fabulous that my sister is planning for me.
* I'll be seeing Wicked with Laura in February.
* I'll be in Laura's wedding in May.
* I'll be paying off my car this month or next!
* I hope to take a two-week trip to Disney over Christmas with Miss and Hannah.
* I'm continuing to supervise the interns and Laura.
* I'm teaching the class again.
* I'm traveling to Arizona at the end of this month to visit Remuda Ranch, a world-renowned Christian treatment facility for eating disorders. I'm super excited about this one!
I'm hopeful that this is a good year where I learn to lean more on the Lord and less on me. A good exercise in that direction is the class I'm teaching. I'm nervous about it again, but I'm reminding myself each time my nerves start to jump that I have the evenings and weekends to prepare, and I only need to be ready one class at a time. This class is a good way to practice trusting God and not letting the super-planner in me take charge. Because of the class and supervising the interns, in addition to seeing clients, I'm not sure how often I'll get to post over the next couple of months. I hope to still post at least once a week, so we'll see how that goes!
3 comments:
WOW you have accomplished so much! So proud of you and all you do!
Fun reading all your recaps and remembering reading about most of those events the first time on your blog! Sounds like you have some really exciting things ahead of you too. Happy New Year Jenny!
Ruthie
Just now getting caught up on your blogs. It was a busy and exciting year for you. A lot of "firsts" in the recap.
Post a Comment