Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Sharing the Wealth
Do you ever feel like, as Christians, we take ourselves too seriously? I certainly do. Maybe that's the line of work I'm in, maybe I'm not spiritual enough because I laugh a lot rather than feeling burdened by the yuckiness of humanity, or maybe it's just true. I just discovered this blog tonight, and I'm in love with it. Well, not in love, but certainly in heavy like. The blog is called Stuff Christians Like, and it was started in response to a blog started a few years ago called Stuff White People Like. In the end, Jon's posts are thought-provoking, challenging, and often really true - he just uses humor to get it across. And, glory be, it makes me feel normal to read that some of the things I've heard, seen, thought, and felt are what others have heard, seen, thought, and felt, too. Gotta love it when you feel normal. I'm going to be posting this on "My Blogs" list, and I hope you'll take a look. I've gotta say, I've laughed out loud at several posts tonight alone. My current favorite is the blog about being single in church. High-larious. Please go to the "Archives" tab to see the list of his blogs. Just the titles will be enough to get you giggling. Well, if you're anything like me, they will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yup. Love me some SCL. I have the audiobook on my iPhone (it was FREE!!), but haven't had a chance to listen yet.
Have you read the "Jesus Needs New PR" blog? Doesn't hit as many homeruns for me as Jon's blog does... in fact, sometimes I'm actually a little turned off. But sometimes he makes me laugh.
What a fun blog! I'll be reading that one:)
Post a Comment