Monday, May 10, 2010

Home Again

Well, summer has arrived - for me, at least! Cedarville wrapped up the year on April 30, so for the last 10 days, I've been at my sister's. I watched Hannah for a few days while Miss traveled to DC for a business trip, spent time with my dad doing some yard work, accompanied my sister, mom, and Hannah to a Japanese steakhouse for Mother's Day lunch, and am living vicariously through my cousin Karen's as-we-speak Disney vacation! I went on a mushroom hunt with Hannah and nabbed a whopping ONE mushroom, took Hannah to see the movie Oceans at Easton in Columbus, got majorly sunburned mowing and weed-eating my sister's yard (still peeling), spent 11 wonderful hours in one day with my best friend Jaimi, and watched the Cavs win and lose a few games in the play-offs. I visited the church I grew up in on Mother's Day, took Hannah to school and listened to her tell me all about her field trip to see The Velveteen Rabbit, talked about Disney with my sister, and last but not least, rested! It's been a good week. I'm looking forward to resting here at my house for a while. I don't know how much I'll have to report, but I'm sure I'll think of something!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

sounds like you've been having a good time! how was Oceans?

Jaimi said...

Can't ask for more than that!! especially the part about spending time with your best friend Jaimi... I'm sure that was the coolest thing on the list! :) seriously, i loved spending the day together.