Sunday, February 20, 2011

Disney Day 8 Highlights

Thursday, January 7, we headed back to Epcot.

* Today was an especially exciting day because Hannah would get her first ride on Soarin'. This is one of my favorite rides at Disney (I feel like I always say that. ;)) This ride simulates being on a hang glider. You are raised 40, 30, or 20 feet, roughly, depending on which row you're in. We like to be in the top row because, in the lower rows, you can see the feet of the people in the row above you. You watch an IMAX screen with scenes as if you're flying over California. As you do, you lift up and down slightly, your seat rumbles, wind blows through your hair, and you can even smell certain scents (oranges, the ocean, pine trees, etc.). Anyway, it's wonderful. She was nervous to try the ride, but she ended up LOVING it! This made me really happy! :)

* We had lunch at Coral Reef, which is a restaurant with one whole wall that faces into what was once the largest indoor aquarium in the world. It's no longer the largest, but it IS large enough to fit the ENTIRE Spaceship Earth ball - the icon of Epcot - inside with room to spare! You can see various fish, sharks, turtles, stingrays, and even scuba divers swim by while eating. We all enjoyed this lunch.

* Mom, Miss, Hannah, and I went off for a dinner on our own. We had a good time listening to the CMs who were the hosts and hostesses shout out Disney trivia to keep everyone entertained while we waited for our tables.

As we made our way into the park, Hannah studied the map carefully to help us find the best route to the rides. :)

This was a common sight this trip.

One of the giant sea turtles I mentioned earlier opted to settle down and watch some diners chow down on his fishy friends.

While in line for Soarin', Hannah gave us a show.

Here she is buckled in for her first ride on Soarin'. She loved it!

On the way out of the park, Hannah got some TLC from Daisy Duck!

3 comments:

Jaimi said...

I see that hannah is a "Disney planner" in training:) I love how she was reading the map. And the picture of her hugging Daisy duck is very sweet.

Mom said...

Love reliving our Disney trip! Awesome, as usual. Love you big much!

Melissa said...

I don't remember the sea turtle getting that close. How funny! Thanks for posting these.