Thursday, September 13, 2007

Finally - an update!

Well, that makes it sound like there will be some exciting information coming your way. Um, nope. Sorry. Just wanted to leave an update for anyone who reads this.

Things are going pretty well. I've had some stress at work regarding counseling someone who is in a situation similar to one I experienced in childhood. That will be difficult, but I'm praying God uses this to redeem me, provide His love through me to the client, and provide me with some greater healing. And I had to call Children's Services, which is my LEAST favorite thing to do. Yuck. It creates such tension in the counseling relationship. But I have to do my job, right? Right.

The weather has been great. It's almost time to bust out the sweaters. As anyone who knows me well knows, I LOVE sweaters. Striped ones, plain ones, fuzzy ones, casual ones.... love 'em all!

My sister is getting ready to fly to Scotland for business this weekend, which means I'm on Hannah-duty full-time. Please pray for safe travel to and from Scotland, as well as safety while she's overseas. She will be with other people from work, but still...

At church we're going to be reading Knowing God by J.I. Packer. I think it's going to be a tough read in terms of being very deep theologically, as well as very challenging and hopefully nurturing spiritually. I read the first chapter for my quiet time this week and enjoyed it. We're also delving into doing an inductive Bible study on 1 Peter. That will also be a challenge, but I'm excited and encouraged for the chance to deepen my interaction with and study of Scripture. It seems like this is a new season of depth in my spiritual life, and that's great!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Believe it or not, it's getting to be sweater weather here, too (albeit *light* sweaters). Unfortunately, I don't own any sweaters, so I have to just put on a jacket. It is very windy during the day, which makes wearing a jacket (or at least a sweatshirt) mandatory.

Hope you get a lot out of your Bible studies!