Sunday, September 16, 2007

Off she goes

Well, as I write, my sister is currently en route to Edinburgh, Scotland for a week. Her flight is scheduled to land at 7:50 AM, which is really 2:50 AM our time.

That means I'm on full-time Hannah-duty. Today was pretty good. I had a scheduled day-off at church. When I want a Sunday off from leading worship at church, I usually schedule it months in advance. I had planned to visit my mom and sister's church today, but since neither was going (they were both working to get her packed and all the last minute items checked off), so I slept in. Then I cleaned the house - no fun! - and we took Miss to work to meet her coworker and their driver for the trip to the Cleveland airport.

Hannah had a good afternoon. She slept until about 2 and then, when she woke up, she immediately headed for the garage door and pointed. I think she knew her mommy was gone. When I opened the garage door and she saw her mom's van in the garage, she reached for it and cried. She seemed to be looking for Miss off and on during the evening, saying "Mama" and pointing. We did end up having a good night; she was in a pretty good mood. She didn't fuss too much at bedtime, but usually, when Miss is out of town, Hannah has the worst day the second or third day of the trip.

I have earlier mornings this week in order to get Hannah to the babysitter in time for me to get to work on time. That'll be good for helping me stick to my morning routine (no hitting the snooze for an hour this week!). My mom is picking Hannah up from the sitter's in the afternoon, and she even offered to cook dinners this week! That's a great treat since usually I cook the meals.

So, life is a bit different this week in our house, but hopefully the week will go quickly for Hannah and Miss as they don't like to be apart from one another.

No comments: