Friday, September 28, 2007

Why I'm not cut out for reality TV

The Biggest Loser is the best reality TV show on the tube these days. I never even remember the cash prize at the end. I think the motivation is to lose weight. I have been tempted to go on it if I could let go of what people would think of me if they knew my weight or wouldn't judge my behavior on the show.

That being said, I'm sure I'd be kicked off any reality TV show quickly. I'm not spiteful, and I think being catty dishonors the Lord. I'd be nice, supportive, and try to please others. And I couldn't be strategic. In the case of The Biggest Loser, I would vote for the person who didn't try or was mean. I would NOT vote for someone who had a lot of weight to lose because I want those people to be successful, and, being overweight myself, I understand the fear of, If I go home, will I still be able to do it? I was so ticked at who was voted off this week - so much disloyalty. And then he was gracious to the people who ungraciously voted him off, which made me like him more and get irritated at the others even more than that. A vicious cycle - but suffice it to say, for these reasons, I'd never make it on reality TV.

If you could go on any reality TV show, which would it be? Hit comment and let the world know!

Jenny :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I honestly can't think of any reality show I'd want to be on. "Fantasy Island" is more my speed. :) I need to escape, not be immersed in reality!