Today I'm a bit anxious about the move, specifically in regards to Hannah. I know my coworkers try to be helpful, but sometimes, being in mental health, it's so easy for us to talk about trauma and attachment and recovery and developmental level and adapatability... that we forget the human side. So I'm sitting here freaking out a bit, googling articles on how to help children when a loved one moves away. My results are showing how to help children when a loved one dies. Please, Lord, don't let her feel like my move is THAT permanent!
I found a comment on someone's blog during my googling that describes my feelings pretty well: "When she understands it will likely be fine, I think the worst part is my own imagination of her perspective." Couldn't find the author's name, and it's an old blog, so KnipSter author, thanks for putting in to words how I'm feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Perfect quote!
Maybe you could make a special calanandar for Hannah with all the prescheduled time you'll be seeing her and times you'll be talking via web cam?? She could hang it up somewhere and be reminded daily of when she'll get to connect with you. Also, you could record yourself singing some special songs or reading some books so she could listen to her special "Mia" (that's what she calls you, right?) CD in the car or at home. You could also make a special book for her, maybe with special memories, pictures, etc.. Just some ideas...
after leaving my previous comment i realized it was Tia, not Mia that Hannah calls you. At least I think... :)
Post a Comment