Thursday, July 31, 2008

So much to do...

... so little time! That old adage is quite true when you're moving in 2 days! 

My sister threw a going away party for me this past Sunday. I didn't take any pictures, but we had a great time. Susan, my friend and coworker, came, as well as my friends, immediate family, grandparents, and Jaimi's parents. It was a good time. We had beautiful weather, which made it very easy to enjoy the new deck. Speaking of which, they are outside working on it as we speak. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it soon (like in the next 36 hours) to put here on the blog for those of you that live far away. 

Tomorrow is my last day of work. Tomorrow night, my parents are picking up the U-Haul and I'm leading them over to Julie's house to pick up a couch that Julie's dad and stepmom want to get rid of (and I'm getting it for free! Hallelujah!). Then we're coming home and loading the U-Haul. We'll get up and leave around 8 AM on Saturday; Dad will drive the U-Haul, Mom will drive her jeep, and Miss and I will follow in her minivan. We'll drive to Columbus, where Mom will pick up my uncle and his roommate who have graciously volunteered to help us unload the truck. We'll continue on to Fairborn, where we'll, of course, unload the truck. In the meantime, I need to sign the lease (and read it with a fine-tooth comb given the lack of full information I received a few weeks ago when I was looking for a place). We'll unload, and Mom, Dad, Scott, and Arezo will head back to Columbus in the jeep (after dropping off the U-Haul) to drop off Scott and Arezo. In the meantime, Missy, Hannah, and I will head to Jeffersonville where we're meeting my cousin Karen and her family so she can give me the vacuum, printer, and drinking glasses she's giving me. Then we'll head back home. Sunday, my church family is having a sendoff  for me, so I'm coming home with Miss Saturday night. After church on Sunday, the church is having a potluck for me, so I'll stay for that. I'll swing by my best friend's house to say farewell, head home to pick up the pooch, and hit the road by 3:00 or so. Whew!

In the meantime, what's left to do? I have to pack up the bathroom, but I'll probably do that Sunday afternoon. I need to make sure I gather things out of the study (camera, computer cleaning supplies, blankets, etc.). I have to take a tour of the basement to make sure that I haven't forgotten anything down there. When I get down there, I'll need to run to the store and get groceries, things like a trash can, cleaning supplies, a broom, printer paper, trash bags, a hair dryer, and I'm sure there's more. I have my utilities set up, but I'll need to get my cell phone number changed so that it's local for down there. That will probably be Sunday or Monday. On Monday night, the cable guy (hopefully not Jim Carey) will come over to hook up my cable and internet. On Sunday night and part of Monday evening, I'll be without technology, which is part of the reason I went ahead and bought the VCR/DVD player this week so that I can have movies to keep me company as I settle in on my first night and get adjusted to new sounds (a point of anxiety when I'm alone, which will be a lot of the time from now on). I probably should have gotten Oliver groomed one last time since he's looking rather like a shaggy dog, but I just ran out of time. 

This is going to be an adventure. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you wanted to get Oliver groomed... Now I'm glad I did it. Love you lots, Mom