This weekend, Miss and I drove down to my new area to look for apartments. I found one in Fairborn, Ohio - 2 hours and 19 minutes from my current home - that I really like. It has the amenities I want, and it's very safe. It's a 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bath townhouse. I wanted a place that has enough space for people to comfortably stay when they come visit. I'll have to scrimp a bit initially to be able to make do, but I'm hopeful I can start teaching as an adjunct next semester in order to bring in a bit more money. I've also applied to the University of Phoenix to teach online, which would require about 10-15 hours per week but would allow me to teach courses without having to worry about being able to enjoy the ample time off I'll have.
Here's where it's hard: I have to move. That's a pretty obvious statement, but it's turning out to be pretty difficult. Thinking of leaving Hannah is very hard, as is leaving my church. Then, of course, are the issues of leaving friends, all of whom now have children and are busy people. The Lord has been near as I prepare for this adventure, and I'll continue to need him to be in order to get by. When I think of the job, I am SO EXCITED. When I think of saying goodbye, I get overwhelmed.
Prayer requests for the process:
1) The apartment I want may not be ready until August 15. I start August 4. This means I'd need to find a place to stay Monday -Thursday nights and then come home on the weekends for the first two weeks. Pray that the other apartment they mentioned today on the phone will be available the weekend of August 2-3. The one I want has a lovely covered patio with a railing that looks like a covered porch; I like that option. It will help me be visible to neighbors and help me get to know them. I feel silly asking, but I am realizing that the comforts of home will be helpful in making the transition, so please pray that the one with a covered porch is available that weekend.
2) Pray that I get accepted to teach through UOP or that I can start teaching some adjunct classes at Cedarville soon. I really want the UOP thing as it affords so much convenience and pays very well. An acquaintance through the DIS boards works for UOP and said she'd email them on my behalf to see if that will help me get in. Pray that this is successful.
3) Pray that my church finds someone to step in to fill the vacant position of song leader. We have no prospects.
4) Pray for Hannah's transition. She loves me and she loves Oliver, and we're both leaving. Pray that she doesn't have increased bad behavior or that she doesn't suffer.
5) Pray that I find a new church home. I can't imagine any church family will feel like the family I have now, but I need to find a place to worship and settle in.
6) Pray for strength, wisdom, discipline, and courage. Pray against depression, anxiety, fear, and loneliness.
I covet your prayers. I'm excited, but I have to dig deep to find the confidence that I can do this and flourish. I'll keep you posted of how things develop.
1 comment:
YAY for you!! Wish I could help you with the church search, but my only knowledge in that area is with the churches of Christ. If you could handle the a cappella singing, I know of a great one!!
Post a Comment