These situations often make me pause and consider how often God spares us from things we don't even know put us in danger. Ironically enough, I have the same reaction after a car accident (of which I'd had many - but not always as the driver ;)). All the times we pass someone on the road who may be intoxicated or high, the fact that our bodies are so frail yet hold up so well against all we put them through, etc. - God is good! I am working on not being bitter with the doctor who made the diagnosis; I know he was doing his job, and as my boss John pointed out, I'd hate for someone to judge ME based on MY worst day (it's amazi
ng to have coworkers who point me to humility and obedience to Christ rather than ones that see feed the flames of my pride and bitterness as some of my past coworkers would have done). I am so thankful God covered me completely in this, and it's now my job to respond in kind with "a grateful prayer and a thankful heart" (as Kermit in The Muppet Christmas Carol would say).

This weekend I am just resting. I cleaned the apartment earlier, and I watched the Buckeyes beat Troy University. It was a better showing than we had last week against the shameful smack-down USC provided, so it was a more enjoyable way to watch football today. I'm trying yet another new church tomorrow; I hope it's a good message. I'm not sure I'll find a home there as it's non-denominational and I'm pretty staunchly Southern Baptist at this point, but I am open to finding a home wherever God wants me to serve and be taught.
I have probably 10-12 books here this weekend that I need to get through for this coming week at work. I never seem to make much progress, so I hope to spend a good chunk of t

omorrow making a dent in most of them.
Oh! How could I forget one of the most exciting parts of my weekend! I bought this little beauty this week! (If you don't know what you're looking at, it's an iPhone 3G). After some conversations with Verizon, it was determined that I'm in a "minimal coverage area", which means they can't honor my contract since I can't get good service. They released me from my contract, so I took my cell phone and ported it to AT&T, where I signed a contract for 2 years of service and bought the iPhone. It's a very fun little gadget! I have much to learn about it, but I really like it. I especially like having it due it's iPod capabilities.
1 comment:
We talk almost every day but I still look forward to your blogs. love you
Post a Comment