Thursday, February 19, 2009

Almost Friday!

It's been a good week. Many of you have been faithful to ask how the class is going. Thanks! The class is going well. This was week 6 - we have one more class before spring break. I am feeling more confident from week-to-week, and I was asked to teach the class again this time next year. That's definitely a blessing! If you think of it, say a prayer I'll be asked to teach something in the fall. It would help my income, but I'm trying to trust God with money in general.

My friend Julie came down this past weekend, which was so much fun! She told a funny story about her visit on her blog; please make the trip over there to read about it! It was so wonderful to have one of my closest friends make the trek down here to hang out. Next time I'll try to provide more stable bedding. ;) 

This weekend I'm going to meet Miss and Hannah at COSI in Columbus. It should be a lot of fun. We've never met for the day in Columbus since I've moved, so it should be a nice boost to the weekend to see them. Then next week is the last week before spring break starts, and my 29th birthday is around the corner! This semester seems to be flying by. 

I am finally making the change of churches. I feel good about joining Dayton Avenue. I stayed after church for a lunch that one of the RDs at Cedarville, Ruth, invited me to. I'm going to get involved with the singles group there, and that will be a good social and spiritual network for me to plug into. I had lunch with Ruth on Monday for us to catch up. We discovered many coincidences: we've both traveled overseas with a loved one to pick up a child who had been adopted, both of us were last members of churches named "Heritage", and our birthdays are both March 7! Small world! She's exactly two years older than me. That was a fun connection. The singles Sunday school class is moving to Sunday nights, which will be nice for me since that will allow me to help out with the music, the children's ministry, etc. I really like it there. It still doesn't feel quite like my spiritual home yet, but I'm excited to be a member. I have lunch with Jon and Sarah, the pastor and his wife, next Thursday (at their initiation), so that will be good to get to know them and them me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's exciting. I am so excited for you. It is nice to know you like the church and want to get more involved! Love you,