Thursday, February 19, 2009

Second post of the day!

I keep forgetting to tell you this...

My sister has an annual conference in June that her work nearly always sends her to. She has often invited me in the past, but I always squandered my time off at my last job with mental health days (meaning I needed a break) and Disney vacations! :) Well, one of the perks about this job is that I have summers off, and Miss invited me to go with her this summer. She's always wanted to be able to take Hannah with her, but obviously never could since no one would be there to watch Hannah during the day while she's at meetings. She told me where the conference was, and I turned my nose up. Well, she told me it was a 5 star resort, so that piqued my interest enough that I looked up the site. Here's a link (have your sound on). It's San Juan, Puerto Rico! As you can see, this hotel is RIGHT on the beach! We'll be there for the conference June 26-July 2. Miss suggested we add on a few days, so we are staying through the 5th or 6th. The nice thing? We will only have to pay for the room for the extra 3 or 4 nights we stay since her company will pay for the hotel room the other nights. I have to pay for my flight and food, and of course the same for Hannah, but we get to stay in a gorgeous hotel. While Miss is at her meetings, Hannah and I will chill out by the ocean. We'll get there Friday afternoon, so Miss will get to be with us Hannah's first time seeing the ocean. Since she's not a fan of the beach (she gets burnt while driving in the car!), she won't feel like she's missing out. And we can eat lunch and dinner with her each night. I'm so excited! We're finalizing these plans and buying our flights tomorrow, so the countdown to my SECOND week-plus of vacation will be official! 

Oh, and our Disney trip is 73 days away! 

No comments: