Thursday, February 5, 2009

Laura-isms

I've been telling Laura I was going to do this, so tonight I deliver. 

You must first understand something. Laura is hilarious, random, and a free spirit. I will try to set up each comment with an appropriate lead-in so you can better understand why these comments are classically Laura and thoroughly hysterical! 

1. (Walking up to the ice cream station in the student dining hall, having been previously talking about American Idol): "I should have been a cat."

2. Discussing our coworker, Jeffrey, who is notorious for running into someone on the way out of Chuck's (the aforementioned student dining room) and stopping to talk for a few minutes. We decided "social butterfly" was too feminine a title for him. Laura's suggestion: "How 'bout we call him 'Mr. Social Ringworm'?" 

3. Talking about being hungry: "I love cheese. It's the food of life and it's energy-giving." 

4. Talking about things she looks for in a man: "He has to be into sports, because it's kinda hot when a guy is into sports, but not so into sports that he wants to watch them all the time. Because when that happens, I'm like, c'mon. Sports again?!"

5. Same topic: "He has to be okay with cats, with letting cats sleep in bed with him, and even sleep on his face."

6. Comforting me about my test results last fall: "Well, as least now you know you don't have a corroded artery." (She thought I was saying corroded artery when I was talking about my carotid artery, so in her mind she was helping me appreciate that my artery wasn't rotting).

7. Telling a story about some guys crashing her apartment one night: "I came back and the place was a mess, there was dried vomit stuck to the sides of the toilet, and they didn't even do the dishes!" 

I know that's not 1o, but I'll keep coming back and adding some delightful little anecdotes as she gives 'em. And don't worry - she will. :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Laura have way too much fun!!! I am glad for that. It makes going to work much more fun when you enjoy the people you work with. Love you,