Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Old School... literally!

My mom was going through her "Jenny" file today and came across some childhood nuggets. For instance, the cookbook that my first grade teacher put together of recipes that my classmates and I had gleaned from our mothers. My mom's recipe was apparently to put the turkey in the oven at 350 degrees for two hours... and then we'd go to my grandma's house. Ooooookay! Guess we didn't really want to eat it, anyway! :) She also found some poems I wrote her, my 1991 spelling bee award, and THIS gem from my 6th grade year. I'm the 4th from the left in the bottom row. 


A classmate that I connected with on Facebook also posted these too. The first one is from Homecoming in 1997 - my junior year. I'm the first one on the left in the second row. 

And this one is from prom my senior year. I'm the second from the right in the second row. So funny! As a classmate remarked, I complained of being "fat" then - how I'd love to turn back the clock now!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

For clarification...the turkey recipe was how Jen thought I made the turkey. Don't want anyone to think that I have been a "school lunch lady" for 25 years and don't know how to cook!! Love you, Jen