Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Time to find something to say

Well, I've neglected the blog for a few weeks, so it's time to update. This calls for bullet points. 

  • I started my class last night. It was.... eh. I let them out way early, despite having covered all the material I had planned to, and I felt horrible about myself for a variety of reasons, none of which accommodate bullet points. I'm nervous about next week! 
  • We're getting ready to start our eating disorder support group at work. I'm looking forward to that.
  • I saw Marley & Me and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. If you recall, I LOVED Valkyrie. I'd give Valkyrie a 9/10, Benjamin Button a 7/10, and Marley & Me a 6/10. The only reason was the I was never bored for the first, the second felt a bit too long, and the last was cute - funny, thoughtful, touching - but the sad parts just lasted too long. I enjoyed them all, though. 
  • My mom and Hannah are coming down this weekend. They aren't leaving until Monday because of Martin Luther King Day. Woo hoo! I LOVE having company! :) 
  • I had a great New Year's Eve. Miss, Hannah, and I spent it with our friends Ben, Mary, and Jodie, and Vaeh. Such fun! 
  • Miss bought an Xbox Live over the break. We played Rock Band, and I'm getting pretty good at the drums!
  • Speaking of company a few points up, Jaimi and Julie had to cancel this weekend because of Ohio weather. Boo hiss. :( 
  • Oliver is in desperate need of a haircut.
  • American Idol started tonight, and I enjoy that show - except when they intentionally humiliate people who don't get it that they have no talent or who are just trying their odds and would be happy to leave once they hear no. 
  • I need to get groceries. 
  • I have AMAZING coworkers. They are encouraging and so supportive. They edified me with my fears about the class last night, but they also are so much fun. 
  • In keeping with the previous point, Laura and I began quoting lines from the song "Gaston" from Beauty and the Beast today (can't remember why). We proceeded to look up the lyrics after we returned from lunch and then sang the different parts between LeFou and Gaston in my office. We also sang the parts of the villagers when they are getting ready to kill the Beast. This made us laugh for several minutes. Yes, they trust us to be positive adult influences over the student population. :) 
  • We are a mere 111 days from our nearly two week extravaganza at Disney! 

1 comment:

Karen said...

Aha! So Marley & Me *was* sad. That is one of the things that kept me away.

I am trying to slowly re-enter life after having been in bed since Sunday with pneumonia. Still taking it slow because I want to get totally rid of it!!