Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Big Girl Bed

Hannah transitioned out of her crib this past weekend. Now, let me clarify. The crib my sister bought for Hannah was a tri-staged bed; the crib stage, the second stage that allowed the crib front to come off, and then a twin bed stage. Hannah, being a massive 37.5 inches at 4 years old, has not needed a bigger bed until now. Frankly, she still fit very well into the middle stage of the old bed. But she was ready for something bigger, and Miss was ready to get her something bigger, so she bought a full bed and planned to pick up this past weekend.

I really wanted to be there for the momentous occasion, which also meant driving to my sister's through a huge snowstorm. My typical 2 hour commute took 4 hours! Yikes! It was so stressful, but God protected me and many people prayed for me. And, most importantly, I got to be there to celebrate Hannah getting a "big girl bed".

Here's Hannah looking excited about what Saturday held.

After picking up the bed, we went out to eat at "The Grape" (aka Olive Garden) to celebrate!

Here's her room with the new bed in place.

She got a Disney Princesses cover, and her sheets are Ariel sheets.

We, of course, had to have a mini photo shoot!

Isn't she adorable???

I think this one is my favorite. All snug and ready for her nighttime story and prayers.

Mommy enjoyed the new bed, too!

Outside the bedroom, Tia got to start the big clean-up process! :)

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Transitions like this are always SO fun! Cute pictures!

Mom said...

I'm glad I got to miss the "clean-up process." Hannah loves her room. She truly has become a "big girl". Jen, I am glad you were able to be home and help celebrate the weekend with Hannah & Miss. And I truly thank God for keeping you safe on your trip home and back.