Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wicked Fun!

Last night, Laura and I went to see Wicked in Dayton. What a wonderful show that is! Until now, The Phantom of the Opera has always been my favorite musical. Wicked may have surpassed TPotO, and that's really saying something! I wasn't sure W could overtake TPotO - until about the last 15 minutes. There was an important shift - and one song in particular - in the play when I saw how the focus was on friendship, that melted my heart. I have some very special friends who I am very close to, and seeing this play about friendship with a very dear friend was really touching. I was still choked up after the curtain fell! I bought the soundtrack, and we listened to the music on the way home! For those of you that have seen it, my favorite songs were What Is This Feeling, Popular, Defying Gravity, and For Good - that last one really did my heart with its soft spot for deep friendships in! We ate at Brio before the play, and it's been a rough week for us at work, so we really needed a night to relax and kick back. We definitely did! Here are some pictures of us from our arrival:

The view from our seats - we had really good seats!

Obligatory poses with the programs:

And a picture with my wonderful friend - a blessing because her friendship reminds me of God's goodness. He drew me away from all my friends and family to start this new adventure last year - such a big and hard but exciting step - and, in doing so, sent me this friend who listens and laughs and loves me unconditionally!
From For Good...

"Because I knew you
I have been changed for good."

I hope you all have deep friendships like the ones I've been blessed with. Laura... Jaimi... Julie... Jill... Susan... Rachel... Karen... Missy (hey, family counts) - you all make my life better because I've known you!