I am having trouble with my internet service. I somewhat often have problems connecting to certain websites since we moved out to what is officially known as "the boonies" there are times when certain web pages just don't load. I don't know why - tonight happens to be one of those nights. I can't connect to view my blog. I can POST to the blog, but when I'm done writing, I have a feeling I won't get to see it.
Things around here are pretty good. This week is less stressful than last week, which is a big bonus!
Today I finished making reservations for the Beach Club Villas at Walt Disney World. We have a one bedroom villa reserved for March 23-18, 2008. March 23rd is Easter Sunday, so I was expecting the villas to be packed and very difficult to get into. Not so! We got the reservations without any trouble. As members of the Disney Vacation Club, we have a "home resort" where we can book reservations in a studio, one bedroom, two bedroom, or three bedroom villa 11 months before our arrival date. Our home resort is Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. We also just purchased a contract at Animal Kingdom Villas. At 11 months out, we can book at either of these. Then, at 7 months out from our arrival date, we can book at any of the DVC resorts: Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West Resort, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Hilton Head Island Resort, Vero Beach Resort, and Beach Club Villas. Some of these are smaller than others, and some are harder reservations to get because of that resort's popularity. That's the case with Beach Club Villas - it's a smaller resort, very popular because it's within walking distance of Epcot and MGM Studios at Disney, and we're traveling at Easter, a high travel time due to many schools being on spring break. This year, some schools have break the week before Easter, so that will help with crowds, and it apparently helped with getting the reservation. So, we can rest easy until about a month from now, when we need to make dinner reservations for meals at Disney. Can you tell this is our favorite place to vacation?
We'll be driving down to Florida again. We did so this past June, and it turned out it wasn't too bad. I hate to fly - I get so worried about crashing that I can't relax enough to sleep or enjoy the flight. God has been faithful in getting us there safely, and the last time we flew, God even gave me the peace that passes understanding (Phil. 4:7). Still, driving is easier on my nerves. My sister has a van with a DVD player in it, so that helped keep Hannah (and the rider in the backseat, since my mom usually goes with us now) occupied. I'm expecting a good trip again.
Okay, well enough blabbering on about Disney. Last night my Bible study went to the house of one of the campus minister's at Ashland University and his wife, Renee, taught us how to do an inductive Bible study. We're going to be doing a study on 1 Peter, and we're excited about it. I really liked the book on my first read-through, and it again struck me when I read it again yesterday. I'm excited about doing the study and digging deep into God's Word. I think we're going to use a guide from Kay Arthur to help us since none of us have done this before. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Oh, and I realized I hadn't added my friend (and blogging inspiration) Karen's blog to my links. Check it out sometime!
Have a great night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Silly Jen... You have me on your list *twice*!! Once under my old name and again with my new one.
I'd thought of the Erin Brockovitch thing, too... scary thought, ain't it??
Post a Comment