So my great friend Karen in California, who has a great blog herself, had this neat list of 100 things about herself when I first starting reading her blog. I thought I'd do one, too.
In no order of importance (except #1, of course):
1. I'm a Christian.
2. I love Tom Hanks, largely due to his great work in the 80s hit Bosom Buddies, and also due to the fact that I continue to believe he bears a strong resemblance to my Uncle Paul.
3. I carry envelopes in my purse labeled "Gas", "Fun money", and "Tuesday Lunches".
4. I live with my older sister.
5. And her daughter, Hannah, who is currently 20 months old.
6. My dog is a shih-tzu named Oliver.
7. I am NOT his "mommy".
8. I love Walt Disney World.
9. I used to say I couldn't pick just one season as my favorite, but these days I can say most assuredly that my favorite season is fall.
10. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
11. I'm a mental-health counselor in the very school I attended for 4-6 grades.
12. I won a plaque for "Most Improved" average in my bowling league in 2005.
13. My average was only 118 at the time.
14. I had my nose pierced in college.
15. It looked cute on me.
16. The first time I flew on a plane was in 1999 to Washington D.C. for a political conference called CPAC.
17. I love to sing, and I can generally be found to be humming, whistling, singing opera-style for effect, or belting notes out at the top of my lungs.
18. I attend Heritage Baptist Church - and love it there. :)
19. I love corn on the cob.
20. My grandma used to sing "The Ants Go Marching..." with me on her porch swing when I was kid.
21. I was a Barbie fanatic until about 7th grade.
22. I have been the victim of abuse in the past, and not just once.
23. I love to play board games.
24. Some of my favorites are Taboo, Cranium, Clue, and Scene-It.
25. I'm not sure I've ever lost Scene-It.
26. I work with children in grades kindergarten through 12 on a daily basis, treating them for emotional, mental, or behavioral disorders.
27. I have been converted in recent years to being a fan of living by a budget.
28. I am a big fan of Reliant K.
29. I have seen Phantom of the Opera three times, twice at the Pantages Theater in Toronto.
30. I attended Ashland University for a bachelor's degree in English.
31. I was an Ashbrook Scholar there.
32. As an Ashbrook Scholar, I met Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, reporter Brit Hume, columnists George Will and Kathleen Parker, editor-in-chief of the Weekly Standard Bill Kristol, and former Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu.
33. I was really intimidated by the director of the program, Peter Schramm.
34. I wrote a paper for him in our Political Science 101 class on Aristotle that he told the class "taught him something".
35. Then he proceeded to read my paper to all my peers.
36. They did not like me for this.
37. And I went back to Ashland Theological Seminary for a Master's of Art in Clinical Pastoral Counseling.
38. I was in a children's chorus called The Ashland Symphony Orchestra Youth Chorus for 5 years.
39. We practiced from 9:30-12 EVERY Saturday morning on the campus of Ashland University.
40. As part of this chorus, we got to sing for Margaret Thatcher when she came as the annual speaker for the Ashbook Center Annual Dinner in 1993.
41. I used to quiz my mother on when and precisely where she would be picking me up when she dropped me off someplace.
42. I have been on two cruises.
43. One of my favorite vacations was when I traveled with my pastor, his wife, and another friend to California for a week.
44. I speak French.
45. I was the lead in the play my senior year of high school.
46. We performed "Girl Crazy", an old Elvis movie, and I had to kiss two boys during the play.
47. Neither was my boyfriend, although he was on stage and had to deliver a monologue during one of them.
48. I have always wanted to take piano and guitar lessons.
49. I also want to take photography, sign language, and Spanish classes.
50. I love Pepsi.
51. My favorite author is Francine Rivers.
52. After college, I aspired to be a literary agent for a Christian publishing house.
53. Unfortunately, there are none of these in my town.
54. I am a dreamer and have big plans for my future, whether or not they happen.
55. I broke my elbow in 2nd grade attempting to jump off a teeter-totter and avoid a cherry-bump.
56. Clearly, I did not avoid injury. The principal, Mrs. Wiles, told me she'd send me back outside if I didn't stop crying because Mrs. Pollard was on the phone.
57. My oldest friend is also named Jennifer Lynn.
58. I grew up on a 140-acre farm owned by my family back to my great-grandparents.
59. My favorite movies are ever-evolving, but I always have a soft spot for Sleepless in Seattle, The Wedding Singer, The Emperor's New Groove, and Signs.
60. I make up my own lyrics to songs I hear on the radio.
61. I was salutatorian of my high school class.
62. We have two trips planned to Disney World in 2008.
63. I recently discovered I like caesar salads and sushi.
64. I do not like my food to touch.
65. Except for actual salad and pasta salad, I don't like any dish that ends in "salad."
66. I have been parasailing in the Bahamas.
67. I have seen a tarantula in the wild.
68. My family used to own the land that later became Malabar Farm. It was sold before Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Becall were married there.
69. I used to travel to Canada in the summers with my family.
70. We took baths in the lake, had an outhouse for the bathroom, drove to the dump at night to watch the bears rummage through trash, walked up the road to the store to get orange creamsicles, and went fishing daily with tiny frogs as bait.
71. It was great.
72. I now have a window desk at work.
73. I love Cold Stone Creamery ice cream with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups mixed in.
74. I love sleeping in on Saturdays.
75. We had to visit a slaughter house for biology II in high school.
76. It was not pretty.
77. My favorite color is blue.
78. My favorite number is 7.
79. My birthday is March 7, so when I turned 7, I was very excited because I turned 7 on the 7th and rode bus #7 to school.
80. Hey, I was 7, okay?
81. I think "Friends" is hilarious and one of the best shows ever made.
82. I love quoting movies and TV shows.
83. My sister does as well, which helps pass the time during longer trips.
84. I didn't eat pizza for 3 years after becoming ill eating it paired with orange soda.
85. I like waking up in a tent on a cold morning with the dew visible on the outside of a tent.
86. Problem is, sleeping on the ground is VERY uncomfortable!
87. I enjoy breakfast food.
88. I can curl my tongue into a "hot dog bun".
89. I do not let people touch my little toe.
90. I think Will Ferrell is hilarious.
91. I did not drink alcohol in high school.
92. I was in the flag corps for 4 years during high school.
93. I love Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and the Beatles.
94. I do not enjoy getting candles or lotion as gifts.
95. I have recently rediscovered the joy of wearing dresses.
96. When I was a little girl, I made myself a badge that said, "License to Pretend."
97. We watched a lot of James Bond movies at my house.
98. I hope, if I'm ever a mom, I am half as good as my mom is.
99. I want to go to Europe someday.
100. If only it was attached to the US and I could drive there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay, I get to be first commenter! I learned a lot about you that I didn't know.... You'd probably cringe to know that I do call myself mama to the puppies here. Heck, they get called the kids' names so often anyhow!
I have a hard time picturing you with a nose piercing, though. And next time we get together, we are going to have to do some singing!
Very Nice. I learned a lot about you too. You have a side to you I didn't know you had lol. Nose peircing...I'm still in shock. You realize next tiime we're all together everyone will be looking at your nose.We all consider our pets our kids.
My favorite is #70. You know, it always seemed so much more exciting than the way it reads. Now it just made me feel like I was a bit of a hick. Hmmm. I am sure that isn't the case!
Post a Comment