Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lovin' the weekend!

I took two days off at work (tomorrow and Tuesday) to get a last break before the rush of the school year starts up. I'm so excited about that! I get to sleep in the next two weekday mornings - what a treat!

Today I went to Columbus with my mother and niece to give my sister a break. We went to the Polaris Shopping Center - my favorite mall around. I bought several shirts, a skirt, enjoyed a Cinnabon, then went to Olive Garden for dinner. Yum!

I don't have any big plans for tomorrow. On Tuesday I visit the chiropractor and hopefully meet my best friend for lunch at Fazolli's. We love that place.

Church was good today. We had a powerful sermon on Romans 10:19-21. My pastor preached on God's justness in how He dealt with Israel since they turned away from His efforts to usher them into His kingdom through Christ by opening the door to the faith to gentiles (us). It was a powerful sermon on recognizing God will do whatever it takes to accomplish His will. Such a powerful picture of God's sovereignty. And one of my favorite couples come forward, after attending regularly for a few years, to become members. What an exciting development for us. I love it when strong, Godly, mature men and women in Christ join our fellowship.

Well, since not much is new, I'll end here.

Oh, and God seems to be working in the heart of my hurting friend. If you prayed for that situation, thank you. God is faithful, although His ways can be mysterious and painful. Yet we trust that He sees the bigger picture and that His word does not go out void (Isaiah 55:11) and that He works all things to the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28).

No comments: