Yesterday I got to have lunch with my good friend Julie. We met at Perkins and got caught up without kiddos and over good ol' fashioned breakfast fare. It was good conversation and good food!
2. Shopping:
Afterwards, Mom, Miss, Hannah and I took the stores and did much shopping. Well, Miss did much shopping, but it was still lots of fun!
3. Family Christmas:
We had the Hardesty family Christmas party today. We do a white elephant exchange (ages 18 and up), and I fought for the gift my mom brought - slippers made out of Maxi pads! Okay, sounds like a terrible gift, right? Well, I knew she was attaching a $15 gift card to Walmart for the person who opted to keep (or was forced to keep because no one would trade with them ) the slippers. It was fun to see family that I haven't seen since I moved, particularly my grandpa. He's one of my very favorite people in the entire world! I love him dearly, and I need to make more of a priority of seeing him when I'm home. One of my aunts took he and my grandma down to Florida a couple of weeks ago on vacation, and he got to see one of his Navy buddies he hasn't seen since (get this) WORLD WAR II! Can you imagine the catching up involved with missing 63 years of someone's life?!
4. Chilliness:
Tonight, I'm sitting in front of a lovely Christmas tree beside a crackling fire in a sweatshirt and flannel pants. Sounds cozy, huh? Nope! The heat is not working in this lovely home my sister had built. It's about 60 degrees and dropping. Time for many blankets!
5. Baby Jesus and a camel:
I saved the funniest update for last. Last night we went to the Richland County Fairgrounds to drive through the Christmas lights. As we passed a nativity scene, Hannah exclaimed, "Baby Jesus... and a camel!" The delight of a child. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment