Well, Ohio State defeated Iowa today, 27-24! It was an incredible day! We had SUCH a good time. Lots of laughter and cheering and excitement! We parked about 30 minutes from the stadium and enjoyed a beautiful, sunny walk over to Ohio Stadium. We found our seats pretty quickly and had time to take some goofy self-portraits (many of which were on Laura's camera and will be uploaded later). I wore a t-shirt the whole time and was comfortable, and to have such mild weather in mid-November was truly a blessing.
There were some frustrating parts of the game, and at times we felt like OSU was playing not to lose instead of playing to win. We had one of the unofficial assistant coaches for OSU sitting behind us; you know the type - the ones that know all the plays we called wrong, why we're playing the way we are, what we'll do next, etc. Laura and I had fun listening to his commentary. On the way back to the car, we were befriended by a rather inebriated young woman who graciously offered us a shot from her pop bottle. (We declined.) We then later heard her tell her friend she met us and we were cool. "Not really, actually. But it's okay because they know they aren't cool." I'll admit that was news to us, but at least now we know we aren't cool! ;)
Game-wise, we had some big plays in some big moments, however, and pulled out the win. To go into overtime was pretty incredible, and I was a rather nervous nellie at times! We pulled out the Big Ten Championship, and to be there for that moment was wonderful! I've pretty much lost my voice, but it I'll take losing my voice over losing the game any day of the week. As we punted for the winning field goal, a man behind us yelled, "Rose Bowl", and fans started to rush the field. We have another regular season game against our big rival, University of Michigan, and then we're off to the Rose Bowl!
Here are some highlights (video and picture) from the day. Sometimes I feel guilty posting so many details in word or by picture, but you know what? I remembered it's my blog, so I can do what I want. And since it makes me happy to relive the day by posting lots of pictures, that's
what I want to do! :)
A lone Iowa fan on the way to the game.
Entering the Horseshoe after our 30 minute walk from where we parked.
Ready for some football!
Such a pretty sight on such a pretty day!
Already havin' fun!
Head coaches Tressel and Ferrentz talking before the game.
Ready to go!
We are very hardcore. Just so you know.
And so is Brutus.
I love watching the field major do his high kick run through the band as they take the field!
Script Ohio - I love it!
Tressel stands with his protege, #2 Terrelle Pryor, as they prepare to take the field as a whole team.
The coin toss - Iowa's star quarterback, Ricky Stanzi, was injured last week and is out for today's game. He's the one with crutches, dressed in gray.
Can you spot where the Iowa fans are today?
The Goodyear blimp flies overhead. I will choose to not be offended that the blimp's colors are coincidentally enough black and yellow....
Pryor prepares to hand-off, probably to Herron. He seemed to get the ball all afternoon.
Laura's excited!
"O!!!!!!!!!!!"
Kicking off.
The only two-time Heisman tropher winner, former Buckeye Archie Griffin, was recognized during the game. He's always a welcome sight at any Buckeye game!
The half-time show had a patriotic theme. It was really good.
They moved and made it look like the flag was waving - so cool!
The good ole U.S. of A.
Eagle formation with the flag at the heart of it. So well done!
Still havin' fun!
Members of TBDBITL came to visit us for a few minutes during the 3rd quarter. Very fun!
WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R0se Bowl, here we come!!!
What seemed like the entire student section rushed the field.
We decided by the time we got down there, they'd have turned off all the lights and everyone would have gone home! :)
1 comment:
Once again, the pictures are great. I like the captions too. Love you
Post a Comment